The Panchkula Police on Saturday booked two persons for allegedly stealing Rs 8 lakh after smashing the window of a car parked outside a bank in Sector 9. The car belonged to Girdhari Lal, a resident of Sector 4 who is a deputy director in the Haryana state education department. Police are suspecting that the two accused saw Lal withdrawing money from a bank in Sector 11 after which they followed him to Sector 9.
Police said, Lal was accompanied with an acquaintance Desh Raj, and the two withdrew Rs 8 lakh from the Indusind Bank in Sector 11 around 11.45 am. Lal kept the money in the dashboard of his Volkswagen Vento (white) and the two then went to the bank’s other branch in Sector 9.
After they came out of the branch, they saw that the glass of their left front window was smashed and the cash missing.
Police was informed and a case was registered with the Sector 5 police. Police said that CCTV footage procured from different cameras showed that the accused had followed the victim from Sector 11. The footage in the Sector 11 market showed that two motorcycle-borne persons were present near the victim’s car, one of whom was wearing a helmet.
The CCTV installed outside a private showroom near the bank in Sector 9 showed that the same two persons arrived at the spot around 12.30 pm.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
One of them kept the motorcycle running while the other one rushed to the car, broke open the window and decamped with the cash, in a manner as if he already knew where the cash was kept. The two of them then fled the spot.
Both the accused appeared to be young, although it was hard to identify them as the footage was of poor quality due to the rain, police said. “We are probing all possible angles right now. It is possible that the accused were known to the victim. It is also possible that the accused were randomly waiting for a target outside the bank and happened to see Lal while he was keeping the cash in the dashboard. In any case, they will be nabbed soon,” said SHO Malkeet Singh, adding that a case has been registered under relevant sections of the IPC.