A young man was shot and injured, allegedly by an unidentified man who tried to steal a car near a house in Sector 37-C where a birthday party was going on late Monday night.
The injured man, identified as Yugam, who is a chemist shop owner in Sector 20, underwent surgery to remove the bullet. But, after a four-hour-long operation, the bullet still remained in his body. Doctors said he would require another surgery. His condition was stable.
The police registered a case of attempt to murder, but are probing the incident from various angles. Assistant Superintendent of Police Parvinder Singh said, “We have seen the entire area near the spot. There are no CCTV cameras installed there. We are trying to find out the accused.”
According to Karanveer Singh, his friends had gathered at his place to celebrate his birthday at midnight. He said Yugam went outside to answer a phone call at 3.30 am, along with friend Akash, who wanted to get something from Samir’s Accent car.
Akash said, “I opened the car door and a person was sitting inside. When I asked him what he was doing there and how he had got in, he replied that someone was following him to kill him. Yugam then signalled to call the other friends. I went to the door of the house to call the others when the man took out a gun and fired a shot at Yugam.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“The man ran out, rushed to a motorcycle parked near by, and drove away. Before leaving, he fired another shot towards me which did not hit me,” added Akash.
Karanveer said a car was also parked next to the motorcycle. “Some persons were sitting in that car and they also sped away,’’ he said.
Police officials said they were also probing the angle that the youths had an altercation among themselves following which someone fired at Yugam. “The Accent is not a car which can be opened so easily. We are probing all angles and will come to a conclusion only after statements of all the persons at the party are recorded. This may take a day or two,” said Inspector Dalbir Singh, SHO of Sector 39 police station.