A youth shot a girl and then turned the gun on himself at Shersa village in Sonepat district Wednesday. The bodies of the two were found this morning at the residence of the youth.
According to the police, Pramod (28) wanted to marry Kajal (18). Both were working in an automobile company and lived in Shersa village.
Pramod reportedly met the girl’s family expressing his desire to marry her, however, Kajal refused the proposal.
Pramod was living in a rented accommodation in the village along with a roommate.
On Wednesday, Pramod called Kajal to his residence and then shot her in the forehead with 315 bore countrymade pistol; he then shot himself, said the police.
- Youth held in Noida for ‘murdering’ 2 women in Bulandshahr
- When love hits a wall: Little has changed for couples at Haryana ‘safe homes’
- Kurukshetra: Friend-suspect in Dalit girl’s rape and murder found dead
- Noida sisters ‘murder’ case: Day before deaths, father rebuked one of the girls, said don’t spoil family name, says mother
- Thane: Man gets seven years rigorous imprisonment for sexually assaulting minor cousin
- Mother, boyfriend held for ‘killing 6-year-old to keep affair secret’
When Kajal, who had told her family she was going to a beauty parlour, did not return home, her parents started looking for her. This morning, they went to Pramod’s residence and found the door locked from inside. When they did not get any response, they called the village pradhan who then informed the police. The police broke open the door and found the two bodies on the bed.
Investigating Officer, sub-inspector Narinder said the girl’s family belongs to Nepal. They had been residing in the village over the past 12-13 years.
“The boy’s family resides in Uttar Pradesh and have been informed. They are yet to reach Sonipat. The postmortem examination will be conducted Friday,” he said.