Cricketer Yuvraj Singh’s father Yograj Singh and his friend Dr Bhupinder Singh were arrested by the Panchkula police on Monday after a fight over car parking on a complaint from former deputy superintendent of police Aasanand and his two sons Sumit Narang and Sunil Narang on Sunday night.
The DSP and his sons, who are practising advocates, were also arrested on Yograj Singh’s counter-complaint. Except Bhupinder Singh, all others were later released on bail by the court. He was sent to judicial custody for a day.
Yograj’s relatives Kuljeet Kaur and her daughter Tanya (25) and son Aren (28), all non-resident Indians, were staying at Bhupinder Singh’s house in Sector 2. The former DSP is a neighbour of Bhupinder Singh.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Around 8.30 last night, when Yograj’s relatives returned after attending a birthday party of Yograj’s daughter in Mansa Devi Complex, the retired DSP objected to parking of the car outside his house. This led to an argument, which turned into scuffle, and the former DSP’s sons reportedly joined in.
On this, Bhupinder Singh called Yograj. According to Aasanand, Yograj arrived with some other people, and another round of scuffles broke out. However, Yograj’s wife Neena denied the allegation.
“He reached the spot quite late when the police had arrived,” said Neena, alleging that Yograj was unnecessarily being dragged into the controversy as he was a celebrity.
Yograj’s NRI relatives then went to General Hospital, Sector 6, where they got their medical examination done. The other group also got themselves medically examined.
The police detained both groups at the Sector-5 Police Station. In the morning, Yograj Singh and Bhupinder Singh were booked for rioting with deadly weapons, unlawful assembly, causing hurt, house trespass and criminal intimidation. The former DSP and his sons were booked for causing hurt, criminal intimidation and criminal act done with common intention.
All five were produced in a local court in the afternoon where they were bailed out, except Bhupinder Singh who was sent to judicial custody for 24 hours.
Yograj said he was shocked over the incident. “Zindagi mein pehli baar aisa laga ki India mein rehna gunah hai. The retired DSP slapped me, he is elder than me, but what about my sister? This should not have happened.” He refused to comment on the police handling of the matter, saying, “This needs to be talked in detail some other day.’’
Kuljeet Kaur alleged that the police had not included molestation charges against the DSP’s sons in the FIR despite repeated requests. “They tore my clothes, manhandled my daughter, molested her and used abusive language. One of ex-DSP’s sons used the word ‘animal’ for us,” alleged Kaur, who is planning to take up the matter with the British High Commission.
Police sources said Bhupinder Singh and Asanand had fights over parking in the past too. Their houses are situated opposite each other.