The tug of war between Municipal Commissioner Lalit Siwach and Mayor of Panchkula Municipal Corporation (MC) Upinder Kaur Ahluwalia has left the local councillors in the lurch as they have yet not received the agenda of the House meeting which is scheduled for October 25.
“For the first time since the corporation was set up that councillors have no clue about what is going to be discussed in the meeting two days later. It has been nearly a month since we submitted our recommendations from the wards and any agenda has not yet been finalised,” said Bhawna Gupta, councillor of ward no. 10. The councilors highlighted that the ongoing tussle between Siwach and Ahluwalia has affected the functioning of the civic body.
“Agenda can be issued only after the Mayor signs it. But she has been delaying it and has not signed anything yet,” said Councillor C B Goel. Meanwhile, Mayor Upinder Kaur Ahluwalia Saturday asserted that she has not received the agenda copy yet.
“The agenda should have been circulated earlier. I have not received any copy yet,” she said while asserting that she had been writing to the Commissioner, MC, Lalit Siwach to hold a House meeting, but alleges that it was not taken into consideration.
“There is a lot of confusion. The agenda should have been circulated at least five days before the House meeting. As representatives of the local residents, it is the only opportunity for us to highlight civic issues,” said another councillor Lily Bawa. It is a period of five months that Corporation has scheduled a House meeting. When contacted, Commissioner, MC, Lalit Siwach said that the agenda has yet not been issued.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The agenda is yet to be finalised and issued,” he said. Siwach had recently complained to Ambala Divisional Commissioner Ankur Gupta that she had been threatening him and writing letters, following which a suspension notice was issued to her.
The notice was stayed by the Punjab and Haryana High Court after she filed a petition. The next date of hearing is on November 23.