Former railways minister Pawan Kumar Bansal on Thursday flagged off the Chandigarh-Yesvantpur Express which was announced in the last budget. It will have a stoppage in Bhopal.
A train between Kalka and Katra will be flagged off on February 4. Slated to pass through the city, this will be the first direct train to Jammu from Chandigarh. Preparations for flagging off the train are underway.
The engine run on the Udhampur-to-Katra stretch was conducted on December 4. The 53-kilometre Jammu-Udhampur line is already operational. Construction of the 25-kilometre stretch between Udhampur and Katra has been completed. According to a railway official, the Commissioner of Railway Safety has already carried out the inspection of the stretch and approval was given recently.
The track would provide direct connectivity to Katra. It would be beneficial for those visiting Vaishno Devi shrine.
The other train for Indore announced in the last budget will be flagged off from the Chandigarh railway station on February 5. At present, there is no train to Indore.
Days when the new train will run
The train will depart every Saturday and Tuesday from Chandigarh at 03.15 am and will reach Yesvantpur on Monday and Thursday at 6.20 am.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
On its return journey, the train will depart on every Wednesday and Saturday from Yesvantpur at 01.50 pm and will reach Chandigarh on Friday and Monday at 6.20 pm
Ambala Cantt, Panipat, New Delhi, H. Nizamuddin, Jhansi, Bhopal, Pune, Miraj, Belgaum, Dharwar, Hubli, Davanagere and Tumkur stations