In a fresh twist in the case of an unidentified 20-year-old woman who was tied to a railway track and run over by a train on Friday night, her autopsy report on Wednesday revealed that she died due to strangulation before she was run over by a train.
Although strangulation marks had been found on her neck, police had until now suspected that she was injured and dumped on the tracks in a semi-conscious state, and then killed after being run over by a train.
“Because she had been tied to the track, we suspected that she was killed after being hit by the train. Her neck, hands and legs had been tied to the track with a dupatta,” said a government railway police officer. Police sources said that a 10-cm long strangulation mark was found on her neck. He added, “The autopsy report reveals that she was strangulated to death. Therefore, it is probable that the killer or killers first murdered her but did not want to take any chance. So, they tied her to the tracks, and fled the spots.”
On Saturday morning, the woman’s body was found cut into two pieces by a railway lineman. She is suspected to have been murdered sometime during Friday night.
Her post-mortem ruled out any other external injury or sexual assault. Police said that the motive of the crime is still not clear. “She was not raped, and it does not appear a robbery either. We were hoping to get some clues after she is as identified but there has been no headway. She looked like a migrant, so it is possible that she has no family or relatives here,” said ASI Jagdev Singh, in-charge of the Kharar railway police post.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“We are suspecting that the train from Amritsar which reaches the spot around 10 pm ran over her but it is not certain as many freight trains pass through the area during the night,” said SHO Baldev Singh of Sirhind police station. The victim’s post-mortem was conducted by a board of doctors after which her viscera was sent for further chemical examination.
A day before her body was found, another unidentified man was found stoned to death at the railway tracks near Gobindgarh town during the intervening night of July 31 and August 1.