In a fresh twist in the case of an unidentified 20-year-old woman who was tied to a railway track and run over by a train on Friday night, her autopsy report on Wednesday revealed that she died due to strangulation before she was run over by a train.
Although strangulation marks had been found on her neck, police had until now suspected that she was injured and dumped on the tracks in a semi-conscious state, and then killed after being run over by a train.
“Because she had been tied to the track, we suspected that she was killed after being hit by the train. Her neck, hands and legs had been tied to the track with a dupatta,” said a government railway police officer. Police sources said that a 10-cm long strangulation mark was found on her neck. He added, “The autopsy report reveals that she was strangulated to death. Therefore, it is probable that the killer or killers first murdered her but did not want to take any chance. So, they tied her to the tracks, and fled the spots.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
On Saturday morning, the woman’s body was found cut into two pieces by a railway lineman. She is suspected to have been murdered sometime during Friday night.
Her post-mortem ruled out any other external injury or sexual assault. Police said that the motive of the crime is still not clear. “She was not raped, and it does not appear a robbery either. We were hoping to get some clues after she is as identified but there has been no headway. She looked like a migrant, so it is possible that she has no family or relatives here,” said ASI Jagdev Singh, in-charge of the Kharar railway police post.
“We are suspecting that the train from Amritsar which reaches the spot around 10 pm ran over her but it is not certain as many freight trains pass through the area during the night,” said SHO Baldev Singh of Sirhind police station. The victim’s post-mortem was conducted by a board of doctors after which her viscera was sent for further chemical examination.
A day before her body was found, another unidentified man was found stoned to death at the railway tracks near Gobindgarh town during the intervening night of July 31 and August 1.