A woman, who claims to be a police constable posted in Kurukshetra, was allegedly shot at by three car-borne men in Sector 3 when she was walking towards the residence of a relative late on Thursday. Shivani Dhiman, who is undergoing treatment at PGI with a bullet embedded in her right shoulder, alleged that one of the men in the car was Ajay Swamy, younger brother of local BJP councillor Ravi Kant Swamy.
Police called Ajay for questioning and then let him off, saying they were verifying Shivani’s statement. Police said that inquiries from Kurukshetra revealed that no constable with the name Shivani was posted there. However, an FIR with charges of attempt to murder under Indian Penal Code and other relevant Sections of the Arms Act has been registered with the Sector 5 police against Ajay and two unidentified persons.
Shivani, alias Sona, said that the incident took place around midnight near the Tau Devi Lal Stadium in Sector 3. “I got down from a bus at Zirakpur, and then took an autorickshaw till the Sector 3 light point. Then, I started walking towards the stadium when a white Swift car, with three youths, halted near me,” she said.
She added that one of the youths was Ajay Swami. “Another youth, sitting with Ajay Swamy, shot at me thrice. Two bullets whizzed past me, but the third one hit me in the shoulder,” she said. A passerby informed the police, which took her to the General Hospital in Sector 6, from where she was referred to PGI.
Councillor Ravi Kant Swamy dismissed Shvani’s allegations saying, “My brother was not at that spot when the incident took place. He had returned home around 10:30 pm from Dhakoli, the CCTV footage near the railway crossing can prove it,” he said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
He added that he had taken the white Swift car in question to Rajasthan on August 30. “I returned only on Thursday afternoon. I have the toll tax slips to prove it,” Swamy said. A few months ago, Shivani had levelled allegations of misbehaviour and use of foul language against the BJP councillor, but later withdrew the complaint as a compromise was reached.
Shivani Dhiman is married to a property dealer Sanju and the couple has two sons and one daughter. She stays with her parents in Sector 19, Panchkula. She said she had recently been transferred from Kaithal to Kurukshetra. She said she had once been suspended from service.
Asked about the possible reason behind the attack, Shivani said, “Ajay has been harassing me after I complained against his brother. I think he had been tracking my movements for quite some time now.”