A woman, who claims to be a police constable posted in Kurukshetra, was allegedly shot at by three car-borne men in Sector 3 when she was walking towards the residence of a relative late on Thursday. Shivani Dhiman, who is undergoing treatment at PGI with a bullet embedded in her right shoulder, alleged that one of the men in the car was Ajay Swamy, younger brother of local BJP councillor Ravi Kant Swamy.
Police called Ajay for questioning and then let him off, saying they were verifying Shivani’s statement. Police said that inquiries from Kurukshetra revealed that no constable with the name Shivani was posted there. However, an FIR with charges of attempt to murder under Indian Penal Code and other relevant Sections of the Arms Act has been registered with the Sector 5 police against Ajay and two unidentified persons.
Shivani, alias Sona, said that the incident took place around midnight near the Tau Devi Lal Stadium in Sector 3. “I got down from a bus at Zirakpur, and then took an autorickshaw till the Sector 3 light point. Then, I started walking towards the stadium when a white Swift car, with three youths, halted near me,” she said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
She added that one of the youths was Ajay Swami. “Another youth, sitting with Ajay Swamy, shot at me thrice. Two bullets whizzed past me, but the third one hit me in the shoulder,” she said. A passerby informed the police, which took her to the General Hospital in Sector 6, from where she was referred to PGI.
Councillor Ravi Kant Swamy dismissed Shvani’s allegations saying, “My brother was not at that spot when the incident took place. He had returned home around 10:30 pm from Dhakoli, the CCTV footage near the railway crossing can prove it,” he said.
He added that he had taken the white Swift car in question to Rajasthan on August 30. “I returned only on Thursday afternoon. I have the toll tax slips to prove it,” Swamy said. A few months ago, Shivani had levelled allegations of misbehaviour and use of foul language against the BJP councillor, but later withdrew the complaint as a compromise was reached.
Shivani Dhiman is married to a property dealer Sanju and the couple has two sons and one daughter. She stays with her parents in Sector 19, Panchkula. She said she had recently been transferred from Kaithal to Kurukshetra. She said she had once been suspended from service.
Asked about the possible reason behind the attack, Shivani said, “Ajay has been harassing me after I complained against his brother. I think he had been tracking my movements for quite some time now.”