With Panjab University Students Council Elections, another three days away, student organisations, on Monday announced their respective manifestos. Surprisingly, all the main alliances mentioned the same old issues, other parties have been talking about.
While, there are organisation which have come out with their five-page agenda list which includes their promises to the students, promises for the PhD scholars, facilities in Arts, Sciences and professional courses, fellowship and financial assistance to students and other things.
The common issues, every party has mentioned about are the representation of the students council at Senate, central university status, efficient examination system and improvement of departments and hostels.
The SOI-INSO-YUWA-SOPU-HSO alliance has demanded the PU authorities to update the curriculum in Arts and Science departments according to the feedback of students, alumni and facilities and increased efforts to assure that the results of revaluation and reappear exams are declared well before the new session begins.
Another common demand is for improving the students centre, by providing proper sitting arrangements, hand washing facilities, checking of food items by the health department and proper maintenance of the area. Also, the parties have demanded that the University should provide for students travel concession for University students.
Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) which is contesting the elections independently has demanded women security, sports facilities, a separate students centre for South campus, placement cell for all departments and hostel accommodation for all students specially girls who come from Punjab, Haryana, HP and other remote states.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
While, Society for Students (SFS) has talked about the problems faced by the research scholars. They also stated that they will organise an active women cell and will also solve the problem of credit system for promotion from Bsc to Msc in the integrated course.