With Panjab University Students Council Elections, another three days away, student organisations, on Monday announced their respective manifestos. Surprisingly, all the main alliances mentioned the same old issues, other parties have been talking about.
While, there are organisation which have come out with their five-page agenda list which includes their promises to the students, promises for the PhD scholars, facilities in Arts, Sciences and professional courses, fellowship and financial assistance to students and other things.
The common issues, every party has mentioned about are the representation of the students council at Senate, central university status, efficient examination system and improvement of departments and hostels.
The SOI-INSO-YUWA-SOPU-HSO alliance has demanded the PU authorities to update the curriculum in Arts and Science departments according to the feedback of students, alumni and facilities and increased efforts to assure that the results of revaluation and reappear exams are declared well before the new session begins.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Another common demand is for improving the students centre, by providing proper sitting arrangements, hand washing facilities, checking of food items by the health department and proper maintenance of the area. Also, the parties have demanded that the University should provide for students travel concession for University students.
Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) which is contesting the elections independently has demanded women security, sports facilities, a separate students centre for South campus, placement cell for all departments and hostel accommodation for all students specially girls who come from Punjab, Haryana, HP and other remote states.
While, Society for Students (SFS) has talked about the problems faced by the research scholars. They also stated that they will organise an active women cell and will also solve the problem of credit system for promotion from Bsc to Msc in the integrated course.