The AAP plans to attack the Congress and the alleged role of its members in the 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
Kicking off with an “anti-Amarinder” campaign on the issue of riots, the party leadership led by H S Phoolka, will sit on a symbolic hunger strike outside Gurdwara Amb Sahib in Mohali on Thursday.
According to party sources, AAP plans to “go to town against Punjab Congress chief Captain Amarinder Singh and remind people of the alleged roles of its leaders” and the subsequent “clean chit” from the party.
“From the gurdwara, the campaign will reach all parts of Punjab. The party plans to show video clips of Amarinder giving a virtual chit to an accused in 1984 riots and party colleague Jagdish Tytler, in conversation with media,” said a party politician. “Everybody knows that we ordered a SIT into the riots while Amarinder has been asking people to move on and forget issue.”
Phoolka, while addressing media on Wednesday, said, “We are not raking it up but it is an issue. The victims should be given justice,” he said.
Reacting to AAP strategy, Amarinder accused AAP and SAD of exploiting Sikh sentiments with an eye on Assembly elections in the state.
“The people of Punjab are faced with other, more vital concerns, which the Akalis have failed to address all these years and which AAP seems to be clueless about,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More