In s reshuffle on Friday, the Chandigarh Police removed DSP Anjitha Chepyala, SDPO East, and Inspector Yashpal Vinayak, SHO of the Industrial Area police station, who were the main characters in the incongruous messages sent to a WhatsApp group that caused embarrassment to the top brass on Thursday.
While Inspector Yashpal was made in-charge of the Recruit Training Centre, DSP Anjitha was transferred to the India Reserve Battalion.
Inspector Devinder Sharma, who was in-charge of RTC, will now be SHO of the Industrial Area police station, while Assistant Superintendent of Police Parvinder Singh is the new SDPO East.
Two inquiries have been ordered into issues arising from Thursday’s episode. One will cover the charges of corruption, levelled by Inspector Yashpal against DSP Anjitha, and the second will go into the use of WhatsApp as a channel of communication.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Senior Superintendent of Police Sukhchain Singh Gill said, “ASP Headquarter Urijiva Goel has been asked to conduct the inquiry; she will be recording the statements of the DSP and the SHO.”
On Thursday, Inspector Yashpal had sent a message, addressed to IG R P Upadhyay, to a WhatsApp group consisting of all SHOs, three DSPs, the SSP and the IG, accusing DSP Anjitha of demanding Rs 50,000 every month, and seeking permission to resign. Immediately, the DSP sent her reply to the entire group, denying the allegation. Further, the IG and the SSP, too, sent their remarks to the entire group.
Inspector Yashpal also said that he had bought for the DSP an airconditioner for Rs 27,000, a return airticket to Hyderabad for Rs 24,500, and spent Rs 5,35,045 on the renovation of her house.
Among other changes made in the reshuffle, DSP Ashwini Kumar, who was heading the IRB, was transferred as DSP (Recruit Training Centre). DSP Rajesh Kalia, who was heading the cyber crime cell, was transferred as DSP (VIP Security and Traffic) and DSP Deepak Saharan was transferred as DSP (Cyber Crime Cell).
As many as 163 non-gazetted officers and other ranks were also transferred. These included seven sub-inspectors, four assistant sub-inspectors, 41 head constables and 111 constables.