In s reshuffle on Friday, the Chandigarh Police removed DSP Anjitha Chepyala, SDPO East, and Inspector Yashpal Vinayak, SHO of the Industrial Area police station, who were the main characters in the incongruous messages sent to a WhatsApp group that caused embarrassment to the top brass on Thursday.
While Inspector Yashpal was made in-charge of the Recruit Training Centre, DSP Anjitha was transferred to the India Reserve Battalion.
Inspector Devinder Sharma, who was in-charge of RTC, will now be SHO of the Industrial Area police station, while Assistant Superintendent of Police Parvinder Singh is the new SDPO East.
Two inquiries have been ordered into issues arising from Thursday’s episode. One will cover the charges of corruption, levelled by Inspector Yashpal against DSP Anjitha, and the second will go into the use of WhatsApp as a channel of communication.
Senior Superintendent of Police Sukhchain Singh Gill said, “ASP Headquarter Urijiva Goel has been asked to conduct the inquiry; she will be recording the statements of the DSP and the SHO.”
On Thursday, Inspector Yashpal had sent a message, addressed to IG R P Upadhyay, to a WhatsApp group consisting of all SHOs, three DSPs, the SSP and the IG, accusing DSP Anjitha of demanding Rs 50,000 every month, and seeking permission to resign. Immediately, the DSP sent her reply to the entire group, denying the allegation. Further, the IG and the SSP, too, sent their remarks to the entire group.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Inspector Yashpal also said that he had bought for the DSP an airconditioner for Rs 27,000, a return airticket to Hyderabad for Rs 24,500, and spent Rs 5,35,045 on the renovation of her house.
Among other changes made in the reshuffle, DSP Ashwini Kumar, who was heading the IRB, was transferred as DSP (Recruit Training Centre). DSP Rajesh Kalia, who was heading the cyber crime cell, was transferred as DSP (VIP Security and Traffic) and DSP Deepak Saharan was transferred as DSP (Cyber Crime Cell).
As many as 163 non-gazetted officers and other ranks were also transferred. These included seven sub-inspectors, four assistant sub-inspectors, 41 head constables and 111 constables.