The supporters of Union Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Kumari Selja on Tuesday welcomed the decision of the Congress high command to field her for a Rajya Sabha seat from Haryana. Selja, on her arrival at Ambala from New Delhi, was given a warm reception by her supporters here.
Interacting with mediapersons, Selja said the party high command had directed her to fight the Rajya Sabha elections. She, however, said that she wished to fight the Lok Sabha elections from Ambala constituency for the third time. She added that she will be filing her nomination papers at Chandigarh on Tuesday for the RS seat which is to be vacated in April.
Selja thanked the people of Ambala, Panchkula and Yamunanagar for electing her twice from the Ambala Lok Sabha seat and also assured them that she will remain attached to the constituency and raise their grievances in Rajya Sabha.
In reply to a query, she said that in the coming elections the party will go to the electorates with a focus on campaigning of development works done in recent years and the policies of the party. “The speedy and all-round development of the country under the Congress regime in the last decade is not hidden from anybody,” she said.
She futher said that during this period, development in sectors like education, health, roads, irrigation and other spheres of life has taken place in the rural areas. She said that under the MNREGA scheme, the problem of unemployment and migration of unemployed people to the cities had been checked to a large extent.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Similarly, under the National Rural Health Mission, effective medical facilities are being provided to the people in the rural and urban areas by incurring crores of rupees. She also elaborated on other national schemes initiated by the Congress and said that the secularism ideals of the party will help it win in the upcoming elections.