The supporters of Union Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Kumari Selja on Tuesday welcomed the decision of the Congress high command to field her for a Rajya Sabha seat from Haryana. Selja, on her arrival at Ambala from New Delhi, was given a warm reception by her supporters here.
Interacting with mediapersons, Selja said the party high command had directed her to fight the Rajya Sabha elections. She, however, said that she wished to fight the Lok Sabha elections from Ambala constituency for the third time. She added that she will be filing her nomination papers at Chandigarh on Tuesday for the RS seat which is to be vacated in April.
Selja thanked the people of Ambala, Panchkula and Yamunanagar for electing her twice from the Ambala Lok Sabha seat and also assured them that she will remain attached to the constituency and raise their grievances in Rajya Sabha.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In reply to a query, she said that in the coming elections the party will go to the electorates with a focus on campaigning of development works done in recent years and the policies of the party. “The speedy and all-round development of the country under the Congress regime in the last decade is not hidden from anybody,” she said.
She futher said that during this period, development in sectors like education, health, roads, irrigation and other spheres of life has taken place in the rural areas. She said that under the MNREGA scheme, the problem of unemployment and migration of unemployed people to the cities had been checked to a large extent.
Similarly, under the National Rural Health Mission, effective medical facilities are being provided to the people in the rural and urban areas by incurring crores of rupees. She also elaborated on other national schemes initiated by the Congress and said that the secularism ideals of the party will help it win in the upcoming elections.