The Chandigarh unit of the AAP on Friday gave a complaint to the Election Commission of India, New Delhi as well as the Chief Electoral Officer, Chandigarh against the violation of model code of conduct in the city. The complaint was made on basis of a general notice issued by the UT Estate Office in several newspapers, wherein the flats scheme of the previous UPA government was highlighted. The notice mentions that all eligible applicants have been allotted flats.
The complaint by AAP states that this action of the Chandigarh Administration will give a direct benefit to the candidates of the UPA Government in Punjab and other neighbouring states where elections are yet to happen.
AAP leaders opine that highlighting of the fact that all eligible applicants have been granted flats and have been shifted already, was unnecessary and not needed and seems to only have been done to highlight the fact that a scheme that had been started by the ruling government is going on successfully. The complaint reads, “It is pertinent to mention that the flats scheme being referred to in the notice was created at the behest of the UPA government, and any mention of the fact other eligible residents have already been shifted to the Chandigarh Housing boards flats brings undue attention to the so-called accomplishments of the UPA Congress government at the Centre and elsewhere.”
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had himself inaugurated the first phase of the Rehabilitation Colonies and ‘housing for the poor’ is part of the Congress Manifesto for 2014 Lok Sabha Elections. AAP has asked for withdrawal of the said notice and for strict action against wrongdoers.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched