The attack on the young man in Sector 22, whose FIR led to the Moga encounter, was a contract job carried out by the three accused at the behest of two men in the USA who wanted to settle some old scores, said the victim’s father.
The two men in the USA, the three assailants and the young man himself, all are from Bagha Purana area of Moga.
The complainant’s father told Newsline on Thursday, “Two persons, Jagmeet and Balraj, had fought with my nephew more than two years back. After the fight, he came and stayed with us. They had also molested my niece.”
In retaliation, the young man, along with his friends, beat up Jagmeet and Balraj. Later, Jagmeet and Balraj went to the USA. They hired Gurcharan Singh alias Rinku, Sukhpal Singh and Shinder Singh alias Gosha to beat up the young man.
The three went to the place where the boy was staying on Monday early morning. They beat him, sexually abused him and made him to apologise to Jagmeet and Balraj on the phone, said the father.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
However, the police have a slightly different story. They said that one of the three assailants had molested the complainant’s cousin and the complainant, with help of his friends, had beaten him up.
“To seek revenge, the three went to the place where he was staying and beat him up,” said a police officer.
“At first, the complainant was not ready to lodge a complaint. He kept saying that they would kill him if he did so. However, his father and other family members persuaded him to make a complaint,” said an official.
The complainant’s father said, “My son recognised the assailants and his roommate (who was also beaten up) noted the registration number of their vehicle.’’
The assailants took away the complainant’s mobile phone, gold chain, cash and the mobile phone of his room mate.