Following a meeting of the State Level Road Safety Council, the opening in the median in front of the entrance of New OPD of PGI has been closed by the Chandigarh Traffic Police.
The decision was taken following a ground survey report by the traffic police which revealed that a large number of accidents were taking place near PGI on the road dividing sectors 11 and 12.
The commuters who want to go towards Sector 15 will now have to take a left turn after they exit from PGI New OPD gate. Then, a U-Turn from T-Point at the dividing of Sector 11 and 12 which leads to Sector 11 market has to be taken.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“A ground survey was conducted by us along with the administration officers, CTU, PGI Security and those of the architecture department. Certain changes were decided in the survey. So, temporarily the median has been closed”, said Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Traffic and Security, Maneesh Chaudhry.
SSP also added that the CTU Bus stop, which is across the road will be shifted towards the PGI side so that the pedestrians do not have to cross the road.
As per the survey of the entire city which was conducted by the UT Traffic Police, PGI, Hallomajra light point and the Housing Board light points were found to be the most accident prone areas.
Proposal for making certain changes outside PGI was mooted by the police which also included suggestions from the chief Security Officer of PGI, PC Sharma. The proposal was accepted by the administration.
Apart from closing the median, installation of traffic lights at the Gate 1 of PGI and shifting of CTU bus stop opposite to Night Food Street instead of its present location, in front of Nehru Hospital entrance were also proposed and approved.
However, some of the commuters had pushed the barricades aside and made way for two-wheelers to pass. The SSP said, “I will ask someone to tie the barricades so that no one passes by. People should understand that they have been put up for a reason.”