Following a meeting of the State Level Road Safety Council, the opening in the median in front of the entrance of New OPD of PGI has been closed by the Chandigarh Traffic Police.
The decision was taken following a ground survey report by the traffic police which revealed that a large number of accidents were taking place near PGI on the road dividing sectors 11 and 12.
The commuters who want to go towards Sector 15 will now have to take a left turn after they exit from PGI New OPD gate. Then, a U-Turn from T-Point at the dividing of Sector 11 and 12 which leads to Sector 11 market has to be taken.
“A ground survey was conducted by us along with the administration officers, CTU, PGI Security and those of the architecture department. Certain changes were decided in the survey. So, temporarily the median has been closed”, said Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Traffic and Security, Maneesh Chaudhry.
SSP also added that the CTU Bus stop, which is across the road will be shifted towards the PGI side so that the pedestrians do not have to cross the road.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
As per the survey of the entire city which was conducted by the UT Traffic Police, PGI, Hallomajra light point and the Housing Board light points were found to be the most accident prone areas.
Proposal for making certain changes outside PGI was mooted by the police which also included suggestions from the chief Security Officer of PGI, PC Sharma. The proposal was accepted by the administration.
Apart from closing the median, installation of traffic lights at the Gate 1 of PGI and shifting of CTU bus stop opposite to Night Food Street instead of its present location, in front of Nehru Hospital entrance were also proposed and approved.
However, some of the commuters had pushed the barricades aside and made way for two-wheelers to pass. The SSP said, “I will ask someone to tie the barricades so that no one passes by. People should understand that they have been put up for a reason.”