Calling it unjust and irrational, UT medical officers have requested the UT adviser for amendment of the Government Residence (Chandigarh Administration General Pool) Allotment Rules, 1996 for the allotment of Type-9 (old) houses to them.
Currently various categories such as IAS, IPS and PCS/HCS (Judicial and Executive) officers, executive engineers, architects, town planners and others were made eligible for type 9 houses.
However, Medical Officers/Senior Medical Officers posted in the UT health department were excluded from this category and given type-10 houses.
- NEET PG 2018: Supreme Court reserves order on plea challenging MCI rules on quota in PG courses
- Punjab Governor and UT Administrator’s preparations come to a naught
- NLE will put undue stress on students from backward sections: Panel
- Solar power plants a must at govt residential buildings of 500 square yards and more: UT
- Centre’s nod to UT proposal will scale down cost of land from earlier Rs 20 crore per acre
- Civil dispensary doctors to be made accountable for health indicators
Raising objection, doctors have written to the UT Adviser. The letter reads, “The Medical Officers/Senior Medical Officers posted in the UT health department have not been made eligible for allotment of Type-9 (old) houses irrespective of their high pay scales and grade pay which is determining factor for inclusion in a category.”
Talking to Newsline, a doctor said, “We are made eligible for allotment of Type 10 houses which is unjust and irrational, considering their pay scales and grade pay.”
The grade pay of MOs/SMOs which is approximately Rs 8,600 is higher than that of District Attorneys, HCS/PCS officers, deputy and joint secretaries and others who are eligible for type 9 houses.
“We are also allotted Type-10 houses irrespective of our length of service. Thus, a new officer and a MO who has put in 20 years of service is allotted the same category of accommodation which is unjust and improper,” said a Medical Officer adding that the administration must give consideration to medical professional having years of experience for much better accommodation.
Type 10 accommodation has just two rooms while Type 9 houses has 5 rooms and even located in VIP sectors.