The UT Estate Office on Friday issued a show-cause notice to the Durga Dass Foundation (DDF) for the alleged misuse of the allotted site in Sector 24. The notice follows the CBI recommendation.
The CBI had made the recommendation to the UT Administration for initiating administrative action. Indicting DDF directors Atul Khanna and his father Brij Khanna, the investigating agency had submitted a detailed chargesheet in the CBI court regarding the ongoing criminal case against the DDF and its directors.
“The Estate Office has issued a show-cause notice seeking reply on the misuse of the allotted site. They have been given a fortnight. After hearing the arguments, further action to be initiated will be decided,” said Land Acquisition Officer Tilak Raj.
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
On November 25, 2013, the CBI had sent a communication to the Estate Office for initiating the resumption (taking over) proceedings. The communication, addressed to the Estate Department, stated, “You are requested to initiate resumption proceedings against Bharat Sewak Samaj for breach of terms and conditions of Conveyance Deed executed by them on 31.3.1983 under the provisions of Section 8-A of the Capital of Punjab (Development and Regulation) Act, 1952.”
SP (CBI) Vineet Brijlal said they had conducted a thorough inquiry into the case and recommended resumption of the site. “During the course of inquiry, we had examined officials of the Estate Office and recommended stern action. It is for the administration to initiate action against the violations in the manner it deems fit,” he said.
The site in Sector 24 was allotted to Bharat Sewak Samaj (BSS) for “cultural and beneficent” purposes in 1968. In 1994, a trust — Durga Dass Foundation — was created under the chairmanship of Brij Khanna, with the trustees including his son Atul Khanna and other family members. A school, Strawberry Fields Kindergarten, is running at the site at present.
The CBI, in its report, had stated that “the foundation started running a high-end school and the profit earned was diverted by the accused persons for their personal use”. The CBI investigation also revealed that the accused concerned never got any permission from the Estate Office for changing the land use of the site, and started running a high-end school on the said site in violation of the law.