The Chandigarh Administration is all set to make the delivery of services through e-sampark centres time-bound. Time limits of 9 to 30 days are going to be fixed for various services, it is learnt.
At present, about 40 services are available at e-sampark centres, raging from payment of bills or taxes to issuance of certificates or licenses.
Secretary of Information Technology Prerna Puri said, “The modalities for making the services time-bound are being worked out. It is expected that within a fortnight, the proposal will be finalised.”
She said that this would help the people as the e-sampark centres were open longer than the offices which they had to visit now. Also, fixing time limits would help in keeping a tab on the pendency of work, and ensuring accountability, she added.
It is proposed that after a request is processed, the relevant department will send an SMS to the applicant that his document is ready. In case there is going to be a delay, then he will be informed about it a day before the deadline through an SMS.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The time limits for various services will depend on number of departments involved. The matter is being discussed with the Estate Office for minimising the number of days required for delivery of services.
Also, the Department of Information Technology is going to start 16 more services at e-sampark centres. These include issuance of caste certificates, dependency certificates, character certificates, counter-signing of documents, issuance of arms licenses and booking of community centres and parks for functions.
However, in a year’s time, the administration plans to make all these services available online as part of the e-district project. The residents will then have the facility of applying from anywhere.