A RACE between the drivers of a Thar Jeep and a Toyota Innova resulted in the death of a pedestrian in Sector 9 late Tuesday evening. A 30-year-old man was killed in another road accident at Kaimbwala. Police have arrested the accused drivers in both cases.
According to the police, some youths were racing on the dividing road of Sector 9 and 4. An Innova hit Ajay (19), an employee at Sub-Zero gym in Sector 9 who was crossing the road. He was taken to Government Multi-Speciality Hospital (GMSH), Sector 16, where he succumbed to severe head injuries.
Family members of Ajay said some passersby told them that the Innova car was going at a high speed. Police arrested the car driver, identified as Yuvraj, a student of Chitkara University. He was later released on bail.
- Man, wife killed in road accident
- Five months after hit & run, Chandigarh trader’s family takes out silent march seeking justice
- Road Safety Awareness Week — January 11 to 17: Pune district tops in highest accidental emergencies
- Driver held, says Om Prakash Rajbhar was in car that mowed down 5-year-old boy
- 20-yr-old dies in road accident
- Woman riding two-wheeler hit by speeding car,dies
The family members also said Ajay joined the gym two days ago and was working as a helper there. The family members also demanded that the driver of the Thar jeep should also be booked in the case.
Another accident was reported from Kaimbwala-Kansal road when a pick-up van hit a bike. According to the police, Sikander (30), a resident of Nayagaon, was going to his home on his motorcycle and when he crossed Kaimbwala, he was hit by a speeding pick-up van. Sikander was taken to the hospital in Sector 16, where he succumbed to injuries. The police later arrested the driver of the pick-up van, who was identified as Anubhav Gurung. He worked at a farm in Kansal, the police said.