Two men were fatally injured when their two-wheelers collided head-on near the Haryana Chief Minister’s residence in Sector 3 on Monday night. Such was the impact of collision that the helmets of both men were smashed into pieces and their vehicles extensively damaged.
A pillion rider on one of the vehicles was seriously injured and is reportedly critical at PGI. Police believe the accident occurred because one of the vehicles was on the wrong side of the road.
The dead men were identified as Devi Datt, a resident of Kaimbwala who was in the catering business, and Anish, a cook at the Punjab MLAs’ hostel in Sector 4 who stayed in Sector 39. While Anish was declared dead on arrival at PGI, Devi Datt died on Tuesday.
Anish was riding a gear-less Honda Access scooter with his friend Mam Chand sitting behind while Devi Datt was on a Honda Platina motorcycle. Anish was going from his workplace to Naya Gaon to drop Mam Chand. Devi Datt was coming from Sector 38 after meeting a relative and was going to his residence at Kaimbwala village.
In front of the Haryana CM’s residence, the two vehicles had a head-on collision leaving the three men seriously injured. Anish’s brother Bijesh Kumar, who was following Anish on his bicycle, reported the incident to the police.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
SHO of Sector 3 Police Station Inspector Harjit Kaur said, “From the spot, it was evident that Devi Datt was on the wrong side of the road. The three were lying in a pool of blood when we reached the spot.”
Bijesh, a daily wager with Punjab PWD, told Newsline, “I had gone to meet my brother at his workplace. We were returning together. He was riding his two-wheeler and Mam Chand was sitting behind. A person on motorcycle suddenly came right in front of Anish’s vehicle.”
Anish, 31, is survived by his wife and three children, aged between 7 and 10. Devi Datt, 46, a native of Uttarakhand, is survived by his wife, six daughters and a son. One of his daughters got married about two years back while others, aged 17, 15, 13, 11 and 10 and his son aged 7, are studying, according to Pitambar Kumar, Devi Datt’s brother-in-law.
Mam Chand, who works in a private firm, has undergone surgery and is critical.