The Chandigarh Traffic Police, on Tuesday, organised workshops for auto-rickshaw drivers and rickshaw-pullers as part of the National Road Safety week. As many as 675 auto-rickshaw drivers and rickshaw pullers participated in the workshop where policemen pasted reflector tapes on cycle rickshaws keeping the fog in mind.
Camps were organised with doctors from Eye Hospital in Sohana near PGIMER, Sukhna Lake, Inter-State Bus Terminus in Sector 17, the Neelam cinema parking in Sector 17 and ISBT Sector 43. Eyesight for around 170 persons were also checked by the doctors. Road safety workshops were also held at Vivek School in Sector 38, Government Model Senior Secondary School in Sector 46 and Punjab Engineering College (PEC). Around 475 students and teachers participated in these workshops held by traffic inspectors and traffic marshals, where films on road safety were also shown as part of the awareness program.
Mahavir Kaushik, Secretary State Transport Authority, Chandigarh and Ravinder Singh, Motor Vehicle Inspector, held a workshop for drivers of commercial vehicles. The drivers and conductors were told about safety rules and regulations. Also, drivers were told about the importance of carrying valid documents with them while travelling.
The officers also pointed out that many accidents can be prevented if drivers are alert and follow rules. The drivers were also advised to get their vehicles checked regularly as malfunctioning vehicles are a reason behind accidents.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More