Many top business leaders of the country will participate in the Indo-French business summit scheduled for January 24. French President Francois Hollande, accompanied by six ministers and a contingent of French businessmen, will participate in the event being organised by the Haryana government in association with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
Anil Ambani, chairman of Reliance Group, Sanjay Kirloskar, chairman of Pune-based Kirloskar Group and Adi Godrej, chairman of the Godrej Group, are some of the businessmen to have confirmed their participation in the event, which will be of around 90 minutes.
“Top business leaders of the country will take part in the event,” said home secretary Anurag Aggarwal.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
- PM Modi and President Hollande reach Govt. Museum and Art Gallery in Chandigarh
- Ambanis may give Indo-French CEO forum a miss
- ‘Fortress’ Chandigarh ready to host French President Hollande
- From Godrej to Bajaj, top industrialists warn: Paralysis can erode faith in Parliament
- PM Modi in Paris: French businessmen push for clear, transparent rules in India
- Forbes rich list: Mukesh Ambani is India's richest,but Dilip Shanghvi topples Azim Premji
According to sources, Mukesh Ambani, chairman and managing director of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), Mahindra Group chairman Anand Mahindra are also expected to take part in the summit.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and a few Union ministers would also be present on the occasion, the sources said. The aim of the summit is to create the framework for an open and action-oriented dialogue between top business leaders and government leaders from both countries.
French security team arrives
Three days ahead of Hollande’s visit to the City Beautiful, a French security team arrived in the city Wednesday. The French President, who will be the chief guest at this year’s Republic Day Parade in New Delhi, will land in Chandigarh on January 24 to begin his India visit.
The French team visited all the places Hollande is expected to go to during his visit to the city to take stock of security arrangements. The team also held a review meeting with UT home secretary Anurag Aggarwal and UT SSP (traffic and security) Maneesh Chaudhary.
Hollande has expressed his wish to see Le Corbusier’s works. Hollande is likely to visit the Capitol Complex in Sector 1, Rock Garden in Sector 1, and Government Museum and Art Gallery in Sector 10. At Taj hotel, Hollande will be received by PM Modi, who will accompany him to places where he will visit. Special protection group (SPG) teams will reach the city on Thursday to make arrangements for PM’s security.
UT administration to gift memento to Hollande
The Chandigarh administration will gift a special memento to the French president. Home secretary Aggarwal said the memento would depict Le Corbusier’s work. Mementos, smaller in size from one to be given to president, would also be given to all the members of the delegates. The task of getting mementos prepared has been entrusted to CITCO MD Kavita Singh.
Modi to be first PM to visit Rock Garden
PM Narendra Modi will be the first prime minister to visit Rock Garden, a sculpture garden. Modi will accompany Hollande to the garden, which was created by Nek Chand. Anuj Saini, a landscaper and a member of the Rock Garden Society, said this would be the first visit of by an Indian PM to Rock Garden.
Sculptures made by the late Nek Chand during the last few years of his life would be displayed at Phase III of Rock Garden for the visit. Rag dolls, which Nek Chand had made, would also be put on display.