Saturday is the last day for submission of forms for enrolment of voters or making changes in voter i-cards for the Lok Sabha election, the UT Election Department has stated.
Earlier, there were reports that the registration of new voters will be allowed until March 22.
On Friday, officials said that since supplementary electoral rolls have to be ready by March 22, which is the last date for filing nominations for the Lok Sabha election scheduled for April 10, application forms for enrolment or making changes in the voter list will be accepted only until March 15.
Forms submitted after March 15 would be processed after the completion of the election process, officials said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
At present, forms are being accepted by 12 AEROs in different parts of the city.
Joint Chief Electoral Officer Tilak Raj stated that there was some confusion over the last date for submission of forms. “Whether residents want to get their names included in the voters list or get any particulars changed, tomorrow is the last date. The supplementary voters’ list will be ready by March 22,” he said.
Since the electoral rolls were released on January 5 after summary revision, as many as 20,000 forms have been submitted. This would make the number of registered voters in Chandigarh cross the 6-lakh mark. At present, the number of registered voters is 5.80 lakh.