Saturday is the last day for submission of forms for enrolment of voters or making changes in voter i-cards for the Lok Sabha election, the UT Election Department has stated.
Earlier, there were reports that the registration of new voters will be allowed until March 22.
On Friday, officials said that since supplementary electoral rolls have to be ready by March 22, which is the last date for filing nominations for the Lok Sabha election scheduled for April 10, application forms for enrolment or making changes in the voter list will be accepted only until March 15.
Forms submitted after March 15 would be processed after the completion of the election process, officials said.
At present, forms are being accepted by 12 AEROs in different parts of the city.
Joint Chief Electoral Officer Tilak Raj stated that there was some confusion over the last date for submission of forms. “Whether residents want to get their names included in the voters list or get any particulars changed, tomorrow is the last date. The supplementary voters’ list will be ready by March 22,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Since the electoral rolls were released on January 5 after summary revision, as many as 20,000 forms have been submitted. This would make the number of registered voters in Chandigarh cross the 6-lakh mark. At present, the number of registered voters is 5.80 lakh.