Low visibility caused by thick fog cover that prevailed on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, disrupted rail and flight services badly. All the 14 flights operating from the Chandigarh Airport were cancelled due to dense fog on Wednesday. Rail traffic was also badly hit with most of the trains running much behind their schedule. Due to low visibility none of the flights could operate from the Chandigarh Airport on Wednesday.
Some of the flights that were cancelled were SpiceJet flight 2116 to Delhi, Air India flight 863 to Delhi, Jet Airways (India) flight 7076 to Delhi, JetKonnect flight 4235 to Delhi, JetKonnect flight 3652 to Delhi, Jet Airways (India) flight 2652 to Delhi, SpiceJet flight 2116 to Delhi, JetKonnect flight 3658 to to Delhi, Jet Airways (India) flight 2658 to Delhi and Air India flight 863 to Delhi.
All passenger trains which were cancelled due to fog till January 15 were further canceled till January 25 by the railways. At the same time most of the trains witnessed long delay. New Delhi-Kalka Shatabdi Express (12011) arrived one hour 40 minutes behind its scheduled arrival at Chandigarh at 11.05 am on Wednesday.
Howrah-Delhi Kalka Mail (12311) was delayed by 48 minutes from its scheduled arrival at Chandigarh at 3 am. New Delhi Jansatabdi (12058) arrived one hour and 10 minutes behind its scheduled arrival. Paschim Express from Mumbai to Chandigarh was delayed by around two hours. Amritsar LKU Express (14606) was delayed by more than five hours. Unchahar Express (14217) arrived six hour and 25 minutes behind its scheduled arrival at Chandigarh at 9.25 am.
In spite of the dense fog few trains reached on time on Wednesday. Kalka-New Delhi Shatabdi Express (12005 ) arrived on time. Kalka Mail (12312) was late by just five minutes and Kalka Shatabdi (12006) arrived just two minutes behind its scheduled arrival. Himalyan Queen (14095) from Delhi to Kalka reached Chandigarh five minutes behind its scheduled arrival. Lucknow Chandigarh Express (12231) also reached on time.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More