Low visibility caused by thick fog cover that prevailed on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, disrupted rail and flight services badly. All the 14 flights operating from the Chandigarh Airport were cancelled due to dense fog on Wednesday. Rail traffic was also badly hit with most of the trains running much behind their schedule. Due to low visibility none of the flights could operate from the Chandigarh Airport on Wednesday.
Some of the flights that were cancelled were SpiceJet flight 2116 to Delhi, Air India flight 863 to Delhi, Jet Airways (India) flight 7076 to Delhi, JetKonnect flight 4235 to Delhi, JetKonnect flight 3652 to Delhi, Jet Airways (India) flight 2652 to Delhi, SpiceJet flight 2116 to Delhi, JetKonnect flight 3658 to to Delhi, Jet Airways (India) flight 2658 to Delhi and Air India flight 863 to Delhi.
All passenger trains which were cancelled due to fog till January 15 were further canceled till January 25 by the railways. At the same time most of the trains witnessed long delay. New Delhi-Kalka Shatabdi Express (12011) arrived one hour 40 minutes behind its scheduled arrival at Chandigarh at 11.05 am on Wednesday.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Howrah-Delhi Kalka Mail (12311) was delayed by 48 minutes from its scheduled arrival at Chandigarh at 3 am. New Delhi Jansatabdi (12058) arrived one hour and 10 minutes behind its scheduled arrival. Paschim Express from Mumbai to Chandigarh was delayed by around two hours. Amritsar LKU Express (14606) was delayed by more than five hours. Unchahar Express (14217) arrived six hour and 25 minutes behind its scheduled arrival at Chandigarh at 9.25 am.
In spite of the dense fog few trains reached on time on Wednesday. Kalka-New Delhi Shatabdi Express (12005 ) arrived on time. Kalka Mail (12312) was late by just five minutes and Kalka Shatabdi (12006) arrived just two minutes behind its scheduled arrival. Himalyan Queen (14095) from Delhi to Kalka reached Chandigarh five minutes behind its scheduled arrival. Lucknow Chandigarh Express (12231) also reached on time.