High drama was witnessed in the Mohali court complex on Tuesday afternoon when an Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) of the Panchkula Police allegedly consumed alcohol while bringing an accused to the court for a hearing and created a ruckus on the court premises.
ASI Jagdish Kumar, who is currently posted in the Police Lines in Panchkula, was soon detained by the security officers and sent to the Mataur police station. A medical examination confirmed that he was under the influence of alcohol. “He was so drunk at the time that we had to wait for several hours before questioning him. Even when he was detained, he continued to speak incomprehensively,” said a police officer.
Before being detained, Kumar allegedly started approaching people and lawyers randomly in the court and “boasting” about his “achievements”. Eyewitnesses said that for the most part, it was hard to make out what he was saying but he said several times, “Yes, I’m drunk. I have taken part in the security arrangements for Sonia Gandhi and several other VIPs during the course of my career.” Allegedly, he also kept asking people for a light box and started entering lawyers’ chambers at random.
As people started gathering around him, a commotion was witnessed and he was detained by the police. After the security officials deputed in the court failed to make out what he was saying, they shoved him into a vehicle and took him to the nearest police station.
“A Daily Diary Report (DDR) has been registered and his medical examination confirmed that he was drunk. We have intimated the Panchkula police and recommended departmental action against him. He’s being handed over to them as we speak,” said SHO N P S Lehal.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Panchkula Police Lines Officer SI Surinder Singh, when contacted, said, “Yes, we received an intimation. Necessary action will be taken against him once we receive the written reports by the Mohali police.”