High drama was witnessed in the Mohali court complex on Tuesday afternoon when an Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) of the Panchkula Police allegedly consumed alcohol while bringing an accused to the court for a hearing and created a ruckus on the court premises.
ASI Jagdish Kumar, who is currently posted in the Police Lines in Panchkula, was soon detained by the security officers and sent to the Mataur police station. A medical examination confirmed that he was under the influence of alcohol. “He was so drunk at the time that we had to wait for several hours before questioning him. Even when he was detained, he continued to speak incomprehensively,” said a police officer.
Before being detained, Kumar allegedly started approaching people and lawyers randomly in the court and “boasting” about his “achievements”. Eyewitnesses said that for the most part, it was hard to make out what he was saying but he said several times, “Yes, I’m drunk. I have taken part in the security arrangements for Sonia Gandhi and several other VIPs during the course of my career.” Allegedly, he also kept asking people for a light box and started entering lawyers’ chambers at random.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
As people started gathering around him, a commotion was witnessed and he was detained by the police. After the security officials deputed in the court failed to make out what he was saying, they shoved him into a vehicle and took him to the nearest police station.
“A Daily Diary Report (DDR) has been registered and his medical examination confirmed that he was drunk. We have intimated the Panchkula police and recommended departmental action against him. He’s being handed over to them as we speak,” said SHO N P S Lehal.
Panchkula Police Lines Officer SI Surinder Singh, when contacted, said, “Yes, we received an intimation. Necessary action will be taken against him once we receive the written reports by the Mohali police.”