Taking a serious view of an alleged violent incident between the students groups outside the Panjab University (PU) gate number one on June 18,the varsity authorities have asked the Chandigarh Police to take stern action against the persons involved in the incident.
The PU Dean Students Welfare (DSW) Prof A S Ahluwalia has decided to hold a meeting of the students leaders of various students organizations on June 20 to sensitize them on the need of maintaining a congenial environment on the campus.
A meeting was also held in the DSW office with the city police on Wednesday. In order to ensure the prevalence of peace on the campus and to avoid the reccurrence of such incidents,the modalities on having better coordination between PU security staff and police were discussed. The issues which were discussed during the meeting included strict vigilance on unauthorized occupancies in the hostels,discouraging random traffic movements and related matters.
The meeting was convened following directions from the Vice-Chancellor (VC) Prof Arun Grover,where the security arrangements at the varsity were also reviewed.
If any incident happens outside the varsity,the UT Police will take action. However,if any of the students complain to us with proof that some PU student is involved in the fight then definitely strict action will be taken against that student. Moreover,security on the campus is always vigilant, said DSW.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Those who attended the meeting included DSW (Women) Prof Kalpana K Mahajan,Chief Security officer Prof Anil Monga,DSP Ashish Kumar and wardens of the hostels.
In the meeting,Prof Mahajan shared the concern expressed by the VC over the untoward incident allegedly involving PU student leaders.
On June 18,Yadwinder Singh,party president of Panjab University Students Union (PUSU) was allegedly attacked by some estranged members of the party.
Though nobody was hurt in the incident,the car,a Skoda Rapid belonging to Yadwinder got damaged. The aggrieved party has already lodged a complaint with the Chandigarh Police post of the varsity.