Taking a serious view of an alleged violent incident between the students groups outside the Panjab University (PU) gate number one on June 18,the varsity authorities have asked the Chandigarh Police to take stern action against the persons involved in the incident.
The PU Dean Students Welfare (DSW) Prof A S Ahluwalia has decided to hold a meeting of the students leaders of various students organizations on June 20 to sensitize them on the need of maintaining a congenial environment on the campus.
A meeting was also held in the DSW office with the city police on Wednesday. In order to ensure the prevalence of peace on the campus and to avoid the reccurrence of such incidents,the modalities on having better coordination between PU security staff and police were discussed. The issues which were discussed during the meeting included strict vigilance on unauthorized occupancies in the hostels,discouraging random traffic movements and related matters.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
The meeting was convened following directions from the Vice-Chancellor (VC) Prof Arun Grover,where the security arrangements at the varsity were also reviewed.
If any incident happens outside the varsity,the UT Police will take action. However,if any of the students complain to us with proof that some PU student is involved in the fight then definitely strict action will be taken against that student. Moreover,security on the campus is always vigilant, said DSW.
Those who attended the meeting included DSW (Women) Prof Kalpana K Mahajan,Chief Security officer Prof Anil Monga,DSP Ashish Kumar and wardens of the hostels.
In the meeting,Prof Mahajan shared the concern expressed by the VC over the untoward incident allegedly involving PU student leaders.
On June 18,Yadwinder Singh,party president of Panjab University Students Union (PUSU) was allegedly attacked by some estranged members of the party.
Though nobody was hurt in the incident,the car,a Skoda Rapid belonging to Yadwinder got damaged. The aggrieved party has already lodged a complaint with the Chandigarh Police post of the varsity.