HARYANA HEALTH Minister Anil Vij Friday said the Punjab government should not spoil the atmosphere by making announcements about not giving water to Haryana even as the decision of the Supreme Court on the Satluj-Yamuna Link Canal is awaited.
The Punjab Assembly had on Thursday passed a resolution against sharing of water. It was also announced that the land acquired for construction of SYL would be denotified.
- SYL canal issue: Why Punjab move not yet violation of SC order
- Maintain status quo on Satluj-Yamuna Link canal: SC tells Punjab govt
- SYL land de-notification illegal, unconstitutional
- Haryana: All eyes on all- party meet today
- Sutlej-Yamuna Link Canal Project: Elder brother Punjab should protect Haryana’s interests, says Khattar
- Punjab to return land acquired for Satluj Yamuna Link canal
Vij said the issue was under consideration in the Supreme Court. Before announcement of decision of the SC, making such announcements, saying they would not give water amounts to challenging the authority of the court, said Vij.
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
“If you have to say something, say it in court. Earlier as well, the decision had come in our favour. We were about to get the water when there was a Congress government in Punjab and Capt Amarinder Singh was the Chief Minister, passed a resolution in the Vidhan Sabha annulling the water-sharing pact. Its presidential reference was sent and after 12 years the hearing has started. I want to tell the Punjab government that at this juncture giving such statements that we will not give water, the land that was acquired will be denotified they should not spoil the atmosphere of the area,” said Vij.
Vij added that the Punjab government should have faith in the judicial system. He said that they should wait for the verdict of the Supreme Court and whatever verdict is delivered should be accepted.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar had also condemned the decision of the Punjab government and had said he was confident that Haryana would get every drop of its legitimate share of river waters.
The Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) has termed the decision of the Punjab Vidhan Sabha to denotify land acquired for construction of SYL as “unconstitutional and unfortunate.” In a statement issued today, INLD president Ashok Arora said that the Congress and BJP should clarify their stand on the issue. He said that the decision would not only disturb the social fabric, but is also a disrespect of the SC. He said the INLD would extend support to the Haryana government if they take a stand on getting construction of SYL completed.