HARYANA HEALTH Minister Anil Vij Friday said the Punjab government should not spoil the atmosphere by making announcements about not giving water to Haryana even as the decision of the Supreme Court on the Satluj-Yamuna Link Canal is awaited.
The Punjab Assembly had on Thursday passed a resolution against sharing of water. It was also announced that the land acquired for construction of SYL would be denotified.
- SYL canal row: SC to hear Haryana's plea against Punjab on Nov 21
- SYL canal issue: Why Punjab move not yet violation of SC order
- Maintain status quo on Satluj-Yamuna Link canal: SC tells Punjab govt
- SYL land de-notification illegal, unconstitutional
- Haryana: All eyes on all- party meet today
- Sutlej-Yamuna Link Canal Project: Elder brother Punjab should protect Haryana’s interests, says Khattar
Vij said the issue was under consideration in the Supreme Court. Before announcement of decision of the SC, making such announcements, saying they would not give water amounts to challenging the authority of the court, said Vij.
“If you have to say something, say it in court. Earlier as well, the decision had come in our favour. We were about to get the water when there was a Congress government in Punjab and Capt Amarinder Singh was the Chief Minister, passed a resolution in the Vidhan Sabha annulling the water-sharing pact. Its presidential reference was sent and after 12 years the hearing has started. I want to tell the Punjab government that at this juncture giving such statements that we will not give water, the land that was acquired will be denotified they should not spoil the atmosphere of the area,” said Vij.
Vij added that the Punjab government should have faith in the judicial system. He said that they should wait for the verdict of the Supreme Court and whatever verdict is delivered should be accepted.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar had also condemned the decision of the Punjab government and had said he was confident that Haryana would get every drop of its legitimate share of river waters.
The Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) has termed the decision of the Punjab Vidhan Sabha to denotify land acquired for construction of SYL as “unconstitutional and unfortunate.” In a statement issued today, INLD president Ashok Arora said that the Congress and BJP should clarify their stand on the issue. He said that the decision would not only disturb the social fabric, but is also a disrespect of the SC. He said the INLD would extend support to the Haryana government if they take a stand on getting construction of SYL completed.