A couple, resident of Sector 44, had a miraculous escape when a rashly driven SUV Fortuner, rammed their Swift at the Sector 43-44 roundabout around 3 pm on Saturday. The couple suffered minor injuries and both cars was badly damaged. No case was registered.
The couple, Pankaj Sharma, working as an engineer in Panjab University, and Ambika Sharma, who works in a private firm, were taken to GMCH-32. Police said they were admitted to a private hospital in Mohali. The Fortuner belongs to a retired Punjab Police SSP, Guriqbal Singh who now lives in Sector 34. His driver, Kujral Singh was driving the vehicle when the accident took place.
Pankaj was going from Sector 44 to Sector 43 and SSP’s Fortuner was coming from Sector 34-35 dividing road going towards Mohali. At the small rotary at Sector 44 and 43 intersection, the Fortuner rammed the Swift’s driver window.
While the Swift bounced due to the impact and landed on the railing on the roadside, the Fortuner skidded and stopped a little further. Eye-witnesses said that a two-wheeler driver was also hit. However, by the time police reached, he had left. “The scooter driver did not suffer any injury,” said an eye-witness.
An onlooker called the PCR and the couple was rushed to GMCH-32. “Except a few internal injuries, the couple was fine,” said in-charge of Sector 43 police post, Sher Singh.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched