A couple, resident of Sector 44, had a miraculous escape when a rashly driven SUV Fortuner, rammed their Swift at the Sector 43-44 roundabout around 3 pm on Saturday. The couple suffered minor injuries and both cars was badly damaged. No case was registered.
The couple, Pankaj Sharma, working as an engineer in Panjab University, and Ambika Sharma, who works in a private firm, were taken to GMCH-32. Police said they were admitted to a private hospital in Mohali. The Fortuner belongs to a retired Punjab Police SSP, Guriqbal Singh who now lives in Sector 34. His driver, Kujral Singh was driving the vehicle when the accident took place.
Pankaj was going from Sector 44 to Sector 43 and SSP’s Fortuner was coming from Sector 34-35 dividing road going towards Mohali. At the small rotary at Sector 44 and 43 intersection, the Fortuner rammed the Swift’s driver window.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
While the Swift bounced due to the impact and landed on the railing on the roadside, the Fortuner skidded and stopped a little further. Eye-witnesses said that a two-wheeler driver was also hit. However, by the time police reached, he had left. “The scooter driver did not suffer any injury,” said an eye-witness.
An onlooker called the PCR and the couple was rushed to GMCH-32. “Except a few internal injuries, the couple was fine,” said in-charge of Sector 43 police post, Sher Singh.