Solar electric vehicles have been put on display at three-day long Effi Cycle 2016, organised by the University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET) that commenced on Friday. Students from Punjab, Dehradun and Coimbatore have worked on cars that can run by solar energy-powered electric batteries. One such car is ETRON made by 12-member team from Thapar University.
Bhanu Marwah, team captain, said: “The solar panels are the main features of our car, as it helps generate the required electricity to run the car at a speed of 45 kmph. If the battery is fully charged, it can cover 75 km in a stretch. It will cost around 30 paisa per km.”
He added that another salient feature of the car is the conversion of energy during applying of breaks. Participating for the second year, the Graphic Era University, Dehradun, which last year had a motor burned due to overheating have corrected the shortcomings with new and improved version. “This year, we have put a temperature censor that gives us accurate reading of temperatures and gives an alarm if it goes above 60 degree Celsius,” a participant said.
Students from 24 colleges from all over India have come together to design and fabricate these electric cars. The young minds have nurtured their ideas into eco-friendly cars that provide one-stop solution to achieve sustainable development and energy optimisation. Numerous innovations showcased by the participants include self-made Li-ion 48V battery, solar panels and reduced drag force in cars.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More