A meeting with UT Adviser Parimal Rai was held on the street vendors’ issue here on Tuesday. Municipal Commissioner Baldeo Purushartha and Joint Commissioner Virender Chaudhary had gone to brief the adviser on the status of the vending zones. The areas where the vending zones are to be identified have been discussed and the final approval would be given by the UT Administrator V P Singh Badnore, sources said. As the BJP is pressing to give licences to few street vendors in the first phase before the code of conduct comes into force on November 15, work on the street vendors issue has been expedited.
Officials said that certain areas in sectors 18, 19 and 21 were identified but not finalised yet.
In the meeting it was decided to take views of all stakeholders.
The process to identify street vendors for licences got completed in September and 22,214 vendors in Chandigarh were identified. The MC has been identifying vending zones, that is, designated places where they can carry out their trade. The street vendors were identified after a survey, under the Street Vendors (Protection of Livelihood and Regulation of Street Vending) Act, 2014, was carried out by the Haryana Nav Yuvak Kala Sangam. During a House meeting, Congress councillor Subhash Chawla had pointed out anomalies in the survey.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review