On the concluding day of his four-day Punjab visit,spiritual leader and founder of Art of Living,Sri Sri Ravi Shankar addressed a mass of devotees at Leisure Valley on Tuesday. The key focus of Ravi Shankars visit was to address the masses on three social evils that are extensively gripping Punjab,including drug de-addiction,female foeticide and promoting organic farming.
On the occasion,a musical concert was also organised on the theme,Gyan Ki Lehar- Farmers Mahasatsang. In last four days,host of events organised by Art of living,which were hosted all over the state,aimed to reach out to the rural youth of Punjab,targeting the farmers precisely,common people and scores of devotees.
Speaking on the social issue,Ravi Shankar said,Around 12 crore youngsters are the eligible voters this year. I call upon all the youngsters to enroll themselves in the electoral roll. The youngsters need to visit the villages also to encourage those who have never enrolled in the electoral rolls.
A state-level programme titled Volunteer for Better India was held at Anandpur Sahib in Charan Ganga Stadium on October 19,where Sri Sri addressed youths from all over the state. The event aimed to give solutions and empower youngsters to lend a helping hand in solving the menace of drugs and female foeticide,following which Sant Samagam at Hoshiarpur was also attended by Sri Sri in the evening.
Thereafter,an event at Guru Gobind Singh Stadium,Jalandhar,was conducted on October 20 where,Sri Sri emphasised on the same and also brought the importance of voting into limelight. On October 21,he visited Mandi Gobindgarh where he was awarded an honorary doctorate degree by Desh Bhagat University.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
A special meeting with farmers Anand-di-Lehar- a Farmers Meet was held on October 22 at Thapar University,Patiala,where the Ravi Shankar met scores of farmers from all over the state.