On the concluding day of his four-day Punjab visit,spiritual leader and founder of Art of Living,Sri Sri Ravi Shankar addressed a mass of devotees at Leisure Valley on Tuesday. The key focus of Ravi Shankars visit was to address the masses on three social evils that are extensively gripping Punjab,including drug de-addiction,female foeticide and promoting organic farming.
On the occasion,a musical concert was also organised on the theme,Gyan Ki Lehar- Farmers Mahasatsang. In last four days,host of events organised by Art of living,which were hosted all over the state,aimed to reach out to the rural youth of Punjab,targeting the farmers precisely,common people and scores of devotees.
Speaking on the social issue,Ravi Shankar said,Around 12 crore youngsters are the eligible voters this year. I call upon all the youngsters to enroll themselves in the electoral roll. The youngsters need to visit the villages also to encourage those who have never enrolled in the electoral rolls.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
A state-level programme titled Volunteer for Better India was held at Anandpur Sahib in Charan Ganga Stadium on October 19,where Sri Sri addressed youths from all over the state. The event aimed to give solutions and empower youngsters to lend a helping hand in solving the menace of drugs and female foeticide,following which Sant Samagam at Hoshiarpur was also attended by Sri Sri in the evening.
Thereafter,an event at Guru Gobind Singh Stadium,Jalandhar,was conducted on October 20 where,Sri Sri emphasised on the same and also brought the importance of voting into limelight. On October 21,he visited Mandi Gobindgarh where he was awarded an honorary doctorate degree by Desh Bhagat University.
A special meeting with farmers Anand-di-Lehar- a Farmers Meet was held on October 22 at Thapar University,Patiala,where the Ravi Shankar met scores of farmers from all over the state.