In a bid to crack down on crime and criminals, the Chandigarh police took out a city seal drive Saturday.
According to a statement, approximately 770 police personals were deployed including 6 Gazetted Officers, 34 Inspectors/SHOs among others. “Total 38 outer and 68 inner nakas were laid during the drive. Around 11 cheetah motorcycles and 50 PCR vehicles were also deployed on the duty. The drive was started around 4 pm and continued till 8 pm,” the statement said.
Watch What Else is making news
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
It further said that during the drive, checks were conducted on 8,599 vehicles. “Challans were issued to 438 vehicles other than this, 78 vehicles were impounded under the provision of Motor Vehicle Act. The city seal drive is being conducted time to time to check crime and criminals to meet the emergent situation if required,” the statement added.
Apart from this, the traffic police also laid 8 nakas and issued a total of 104 challans including 13 drunken driving and 91 miscellaneous challans. Thirteen vehicles were also impounded, police said.