ZULFIQAR KHAN of NGO Theatre Age, who is facing trial for allegedly sodomising children associated with him through his NGO, on Friday filed five bail petitions in five separate ongoing trials against him on the grounds that complainant Kanwarpal and his lawyer had demanded Rs 15-lakh bribe to settle the case.
The accused also placed on record voice recordings of conversations allegedly between Zulfiqar’s nephew Shahdab Hussain, complainant Kanwarpal, his advocate and one Veerpal. In the recorded conversations Kanwarpal demanded an amount of Rs 15 lakh, following which he said he would not frame Zulfiqar’s nephew. They also assured his nephew that the case against Zulfiqar would be sorted for the same amount.
However, the complainant’s counsel told Chandigarh Newsline, “We have never made any demand and whatever he is saying is not true.” The bail petitions will be taken up on Saturday.
- Chandigarh: CD shows complainant asking for bribe to let off accused in sodomy case
- Zulfiqar case: Three witnesses record statements
- Charges framed against Zulfiqar Khan in sodomy case, trial to begin from Nov 18
- Rs 12 lakh in four months in Zulfiqar bank account, cops send details to ED, I-T
- Court extends NGO head Zulfiqar’s police custody for five more days
- Police say NGO head Zulfiqar spiked children’s drink, exploited them
Zulfiqar said in the petitions that he had been let down by his former students who were working with him. They were successful in getting a false case registered against him. He alleged that complainant Kanwarpal had been blackmailing him.
The petitions mentioned that Kanwarpal had been threatening the accused’s nephew Shahdab Hussain time and again to extort money from him. When he got fed up with the blackmailing, his nephew recorded their conversation in which the complainant and his lawyer were demanding Rs 15-lakh bribe.
In a separate petition filed in the case in which a minor victim has turned hostile, the accused stated that the victim had already turned hostile and hence there was no ground for declining the bail petition.