Even as the Chandigarh Police could not question the daughter of a Punjab and Haryana High Court judge in Sippy Sidhu murder case, she was said to be “obsessed” with Sippy and wanted to marry him. When his family didn’t agree, she could not cope with the refusal and continued meeting Sippy, according to a relative of the girl.
“Everybody in her family knew her obsession about Sippy. She always wanted to marry him, but probably his parents were not ready for an inter-caste marriage. Therefore, they refused. The girl could not take it and started remaining disturbed. Even after both could not get married, Sippy kept on meeting her. It cannot be said if she had any role in his murder. It is a matter of investigation,” one of the girl’s relatives told Chandigarh Newsline.
- Sippy Sidhu murder case: A year after, family still waits for justice
- Sippy Sidhu murder case: Police question HC judge’s daughter again
- HC judge’s husband, relative threatened Sippy: Relatives
- Sippy Sidhu murder: Two detained, IG claims no arrests made
- Sippy murder: Police summon High Court judge’s daughter, to be questioned today
- Police look for woman in Punjab shooter Sippy Sidhu’s murder
The girl’s family approached Sippy’s parents twice with the marriage proposal, but they refused. Sippy’s family confirmed that they did receive the marriage proposal from the girl’s family twice, but they did not approve of the marriage.
While the police could not question the judge’s daughter, sources said the police were trying hard to collect concrete evidence to call her for questioning. “Although we have circumstantial evidence, that is not enough to call the girl for questioning. A few people are under suspicion and we shall soon catch them,” said a senior police officer.