Various Sikh organisations Saturday protested against alleged “hooliganism” and blocking of Chandigarh-Nawanshahr by Shiv Sena activists following the death of Hindu Shiv Sena president Abhishek Batta in a road accident day before.
Leaders of these organisations also met the SSP, Nawanshahr and submitted a memorandum to him seeking action against Sena activists.
- Bilar Dar, 18-yr-old who cleaned Wular lake, savours PM Modi’s praise
- Mann Ki Baat: Not my mann, but mind of countrymen, says PM Modi
- Haryana law students held with charas
- Journalists take out second march, say CPM hijacked first
- Delhi confidential: Shrinking clout?
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Australia flounder after Finch-hitting
They had earlier gathered at a local gurdwara and flayed the Sainiks for beating up a Mohali-based man who was making the video of the protest. They said the Sainiks should be booked under sections 295 A and 120 (B) of the IPC.
They also demanded that the protesters be booked for blocking the national way. Effigies of Shiv Sainiks were also burnt in Jalandhar.