Local Congress leader Rajwant Singh Shergill, who was found murdered on Wednesday, is also suspected to have been robbed by his killer or killers, police said. On Sunday, when he is suspected to have been murdered, he withdrew Rs 2,200 from an ATM in Kharar.
A police officer said that the entire amount was missing along with his wallet. Only a few currency notes were found scattered in the car.
“Based on our theories, the primary motive of the murder was personal enmity rather than robbery as the killer knew both the victim and his woman friend and is also suspected to have tried to implicate her. However, we are probing all possible angles. The accused probably took away the money on a whim,” the officer said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
On Saturday, police continued to question friends and relatives of the victim and his woman friend. A police team also went to the woman’s house to question her again. “SP (Detective) G S Grewal, along with DSP Navreet Virk and other police officers went to Sector 69 to question the woman at length. She was last questioned after the body was found on Wednesday,” sources said.
Meanwhile, a few close relatives of the deceased are under the police scanner. Police is keeping a close watch on at least two prime suspects, expecting them to make a mistake, sources said. Several people have also been rounded up in the case, but to no avail.
“We have also been trying to find out from where the killer bought the rope and the sunlight-protectors from, but to no avail,” police said. Shergill is suspected to have been murdered on Sunday night, a few hours after he left home saying that he was headed to Delhi. He routinely met a friend in Kharar before heading somewhere alone. All he carried along with him was a suit and a file.
Meanwhile, police also seized Shergill’s laptop and roped in a professional hacker to study his land deals and other documents for possible leads.