A SEPOY allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from a tree in a forested area in Chandimandir Military Station Wednesday.
V P Pawar was posted in Patiala and was sent on duty to Chandimandir two days ago. His family is based in Maharashtra.
- Months after woman’s suicide, husband kills daughters, self
- Shiv Sena leader murder case: Man ends life, kin say harassment to be NIA witness
- Station House Officer in Punjab ends life, NRI kin booked
- Businessman’s driver jumps under train and kills self after several rounds of questioning by Chandigarh Police
- Unable to pay off debt, 37-year-old farmer jumps before running train in Nashik
- Sepoy suicide: Panchkula police team to visit Patiala
The police has also recovered a suicide note written in Hindi, in which Pawar has blamed his Company Commander and Subedar. “In the suicide note, he has written that he had shared his problems with his Company Commander and Subedar, but neither of them provided any help in solving it. Therefore, he took the extreme step,” said inspector Harbhajan Singh, Station House Officer (SHO), Chandimandir police station.
A case under Section 306 (abetment to suicide) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) was registered at Chandimandir police station. The body was shifted to the mortuary of General Hospital, Sector 6.