- High-school creep sends woman ‘unsolicited d*ck pic’, she sends it to his grandmother instead
- ‘Curvy’ Instagram model’s fitting reply to body shamers who can’t believe she has a ‘handsome’ husband
- Allegation against dental professor: 200 students gather in PU as committee against sexual harassment begins probe
Almost a month after a UK-based hockey player filed a sexual harassment complaint against him, national hockey skipper Sardar Singh joined the investigation with Ludhiana police and recorded his statement with Special Investigation Team (SIT) Wednesday.
In his statement to the SIT headed by ADCP-4, Sardar is learnt to have denied the allegations levelled at him and said he was never engaged with the 21-year-old woman.
He has also categorically denied having any physical relationship with the complainant and said she was “framing” him, said a source who was present when Sardar recorded his statement.
- Old hand Sardar Singh loses out to fresh legs in hockey squad for CWG 2018
- India begin Azlan Shah Cup campaign against World No. 2 Argentina
- Swansong or second wind for Sardar Singh
- Sardar Singh shown the door for Hockey World League Final, coach Sjoerd Marijne says ‘testing combinations’
- Indian hockey captain Sardar Singh denies romantic relationship with UK-based girl
- SIT to investigate sexual harassment charge, Sardar Singh says not engaged
Sardar, however, accepted that they both met in 2012 during London Olympics but said their relationship has been nothing more than friendship, the source added.
The police have now decided to summon Sardar’s maternal family who live in Bhaini Sahib of Ludhiana where the woman has alleged that Sardar raped her.
ADCP-4 Satvir Singh Atwal confirmed to The Indian Express Sardar Singh recorded his statement to the SIT. “We cannot reveal further details.”
He added: “We have decided to summon his maternal side family from Bhaini Sahib as complainant has alleged that they were witnesses.”
Meanwhile, the woman, speaking to The Indian Express over phone, refused to comment on police investigation. She, however, said: “It is an extremely bold step for a 21-year old woman like me to fly down to India alone and submit complaint against a man who is a celebrity here. And if I have done this, it is only after having all proofs. I will move court if police investigation fails to get me justice.”