A sub-Inspector of the Chandigarh Police allegedly slapped a constable while controlling the mob during the ongoing Rose Festival in Sector 10 on Sunday evening. After several constables gathered outside SSP (traffic and security) Maneesh Chaudhary’s house to lodge a complaint, an enquiry was marked into the incident against SI Rajdeep Singh, who had reportedly been suspended for creating a ruckus in Sector 31 police station in 2009 as well.
Sources said, constable Manjeet, at present, posted in the VIP security, was on duty in civil clothes at leisure valley in Sector 10 for the Rose Festival on Sunday. In the evening, SI Rajdeep Singh, who is posted in Crime Branch, was on duty at the festival and pushed a crowd to control a mob. Sources said that Manjeet was part of the crowd and on being pushed by Rajdeep, he said that he was a constable and expressed his displeasure at being pushed.
An altercation then ensued between the two after which Rajdeep allegedly slapped Manjeet and man-handled him. Enraged, Manjeet and at least 10 other constables gathered outside the residence of SSP Chaudhary in Sector 16 to lodge a complaint. SHO Dalsher Singh of Sector 17 police station reached the spot and the constables were asked to lodge a formal complaint into the incident.
IG RP Upadhyay, when contacted, confirmed that a complaint had been received. “I don’t have the details but I have marked an enquiry to SSP Chaudhary to probe the incident. However, nobody has been placed under suspension,” said Upadhyay.
Meanwhile, police tried to hush up the incident. “There was an argument between the two of them but nobody was slapped or thrashed. It has all been sorted now,” said SHO Dalsher. It is not the first time that Rajdeep has been involved in such an incident. In 2009, he had been suspended for allegedly threatening and abusing a head constable in Sector 31 police station.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More