A sub-Inspector of the Chandigarh Police allegedly slapped a constable while controlling the mob during the ongoing Rose Festival in Sector 10 on Sunday evening. After several constables gathered outside SSP (traffic and security) Maneesh Chaudhary’s house to lodge a complaint, an enquiry was marked into the incident against SI Rajdeep Singh, who had reportedly been suspended for creating a ruckus in Sector 31 police station in 2009 as well.
Sources said, constable Manjeet, at present, posted in the VIP security, was on duty in civil clothes at leisure valley in Sector 10 for the Rose Festival on Sunday. In the evening, SI Rajdeep Singh, who is posted in Crime Branch, was on duty at the festival and pushed a crowd to control a mob. Sources said that Manjeet was part of the crowd and on being pushed by Rajdeep, he said that he was a constable and expressed his displeasure at being pushed.
An altercation then ensued between the two after which Rajdeep allegedly slapped Manjeet and man-handled him. Enraged, Manjeet and at least 10 other constables gathered outside the residence of SSP Chaudhary in Sector 16 to lodge a complaint. SHO Dalsher Singh of Sector 17 police station reached the spot and the constables were asked to lodge a formal complaint into the incident.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
IG RP Upadhyay, when contacted, confirmed that a complaint had been received. “I don’t have the details but I have marked an enquiry to SSP Chaudhary to probe the incident. However, nobody has been placed under suspension,” said Upadhyay.
Meanwhile, police tried to hush up the incident. “There was an argument between the two of them but nobody was slapped or thrashed. It has all been sorted now,” said SHO Dalsher. It is not the first time that Rajdeep has been involved in such an incident. In 2009, he had been suspended for allegedly threatening and abusing a head constable in Sector 31 police station.