Two unidentified persons shot at two employees of a Toyota showroom in Industrial Area, Phase 1, here on Tuesday, and looted Rs 1.28 lakh at gunpoint, about 100 metres away from the showroom.
As many as seven shots from two 0.32 bore pistols were fired at the showroom employees, who have been identified as Deepak and Pradeep.
Around 4.30 pm, the two employees left in a blue Toyota Etios Liva car to deposit cash of Rs 1.28 lakh in ICICI bank in Sector 15, as part of their daily routine. Deepak was driving the car while Pradeep was sitting beside him. As the car moved hardly 100 metres away from the showroom, another Etios Liva car (white) intercepted their car.
As per the police, at least three persons were sitting in the white Liva. Two unidentified persons stepped out of the white Liva and one of them fired at the window of the co-driver’s seat. After that, the two fired indiscriminately at the showroom employees and later ran away with the bag containing the cash.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
A tea vendor, Bhuwan Singh, who witnessed the crime, said, “As soon as I heard the sound of a gunshot, I rushed to help the injured. However, one of the two miscreants pointed the gun at me and threatened me to move away. On this, I stepped back.”
The people present near by called the showroom owners who then rushed the two injured to General Hospital, Sector 6. From there, the injured were referred to PGI. While Pradeep suffered a single shot in the stomach, Pradeep suffered six shots on his hand, stomach, leg and other body parts.
Even though two CCTV cameras were installed outside another showroom near the spot, the image of the white car was not found in the CCTV footage.
The Panchkula police has alerted its counterparts in Himachal Pradesh, Punjab and Chandigarh. An FIR is yet to be registered.