Two unidentified persons shot at two employees of a Toyota showroom in Industrial Area, Phase 1, here on Tuesday, and looted Rs 1.28 lakh at gunpoint, about 100 metres away from the showroom.
As many as seven shots from two 0.32 bore pistols were fired at the showroom employees, who have been identified as Deepak and Pradeep.
Around 4.30 pm, the two employees left in a blue Toyota Etios Liva car to deposit cash of Rs 1.28 lakh in ICICI bank in Sector 15, as part of their daily routine. Deepak was driving the car while Pradeep was sitting beside him. As the car moved hardly 100 metres away from the showroom, another Etios Liva car (white) intercepted their car.
As per the police, at least three persons were sitting in the white Liva. Two unidentified persons stepped out of the white Liva and one of them fired at the window of the co-driver’s seat. After that, the two fired indiscriminately at the showroom employees and later ran away with the bag containing the cash.
A tea vendor, Bhuwan Singh, who witnessed the crime, said, “As soon as I heard the sound of a gunshot, I rushed to help the injured. However, one of the two miscreants pointed the gun at me and threatened me to move away. On this, I stepped back.”
The people present near by called the showroom owners who then rushed the two injured to General Hospital, Sector 6. From there, the injured were referred to PGI. While Pradeep suffered a single shot in the stomach, Pradeep suffered six shots on his hand, stomach, leg and other body parts.
Even though two CCTV cameras were installed outside another showroom near the spot, the image of the white car was not found in the CCTV footage.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The Panchkula police has alerted its counterparts in Himachal Pradesh, Punjab and Chandigarh. An FIR is yet to be registered.