The road under-bridge (RUB) at Mauli Jagran is ready, opening an alternative route between Chandigarh and Panchkula. It is likely to be formally opened to public next week.
In fact, commuters have already started using the route which connects the Hallomajra lightpoint and Industrial Area in Panchkula. So, people coming to Panchkula from the Hallomajra side now need not take the longer, busier Tribune Chowk-Transport Chowk-Madhya Marg route.
Costing around around Rs 40 crore, the project has been built by the Chandigarh Administration in collaboration with the Railways.
The construction of the RUB was started in November 2012. Prefabricated concrete structures were pushed beneath the tracks with the help of hydraulic jacks. Reinforced cement concrete boxes are constructed under the railway line. The structure has separate lanes for non-motorised transport where the incline is less steep to enable easy movement.
By providing an alternative route, the RUB is expected to ease traffic on the Tribune Chowk-Transport Chowk link and further on the Madhya Marg right up to the Housing Board Chowk which has perhaps the highest traffic density in the city.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The road from Mauli Jagran was not used by commuters as it was narrow and the railway crossing was a hindrance. The road has now been six-laned. Carpeting of a portion of the road is currently being done.
Another project for improving connectivity between Chandigarh and Panchkula by constructing an RUB at the railway crossing at Manimajra has been hanging fire for several years. The presence of several underground pipelines at the proposed site is proving to be a hindrance in starting construction.