The Registering and Licensing Authority (RLA), Chandigarh, earned more than Rs 53 lakh on the first day of open auction of vehicle registration numbers for the series CH-01-AW. The auction held, on Saturday, witnessed bidding for 100 numbers. The number CH-01-AW-0001 fetched the highest amount, Rs. 7 lakh, from Gursewak Singh, a resident of Butrela village. There were eight other bidders for the number.
Gursewak Singh, 25, is an engineering student. “I have participated in the bid for the first time and I am very happy that I got the number of my choice. My father sold a land, after which I bought an SUV and wanted to have the 0001 number,” Singh said.
There is huge likeness among people for the number ‘0001’. Earlier, the number had fetched handsome amounts of Rs 26 lakh and Rs 16 lakh for the RLA.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
The second favourite number among bidders is ‘0009’. During the auction, there were 15 – maximum number of bidders – for the number CH-01-AW-0009. The second highest bid was for number CH-01-AW-0009, which was auctioned for Rs 3.5 lakh and the number was taken by AG, Shares and Securities.
M/S Dera Sacha Sauda from Shivalik Vihar Khuda bought the number CH01AW0007 for Rs 2.3 lakh. Apart from the above, three numbers – 0002, 0003 and 0011 – were auctioned for Rs2 lakh each.
“For the first time in RLA, all 100 numbers from 0001 to 0100 were successfully bid for on the first day itself, and the total amount fetched in the open auction was Rs 53,54,000,” said RLA in-charge Kashish Mittal.
During the last open auction, that was held for CH01-AV series, the number 0001 was allotted to Roopinder Singh,a businessman from Sector 16-A. There were five bidders who participated in the bidding for the much sought-after number but Singh managed bought it for Rs 5.3 lakh. The second number, 0009, which fetched maximum price was of same series which had a reserved prize of Rs 10,000 and had five bidders. It was allotted to Jaspreet Singh Sindhu for Rs 45,000.