The Registering and Licensing Authority (RLA), Chandigarh, earned more than Rs 53 lakh on the first day of open auction of vehicle registration numbers for the series CH-01-AW. The auction held, on Saturday, witnessed bidding for 100 numbers. The number CH-01-AW-0001 fetched the highest amount, Rs. 7 lakh, from Gursewak Singh, a resident of Butrela village. There were eight other bidders for the number.
Gursewak Singh, 25, is an engineering student. “I have participated in the bid for the first time and I am very happy that I got the number of my choice. My father sold a land, after which I bought an SUV and wanted to have the 0001 number,” Singh said.
There is huge likeness among people for the number ‘0001’. Earlier, the number had fetched handsome amounts of Rs 26 lakh and Rs 16 lakh for the RLA.
The second favourite number among bidders is ‘0009’. During the auction, there were 15 – maximum number of bidders – for the number CH-01-AW-0009. The second highest bid was for number CH-01-AW-0009, which was auctioned for Rs 3.5 lakh and the number was taken by AG, Shares and Securities.
M/S Dera Sacha Sauda from Shivalik Vihar Khuda bought the number CH01AW0007 for Rs 2.3 lakh. Apart from the above, three numbers – 0002, 0003 and 0011 – were auctioned for Rs2 lakh each.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“For the first time in RLA, all 100 numbers from 0001 to 0100 were successfully bid for on the first day itself, and the total amount fetched in the open auction was Rs 53,54,000,” said RLA in-charge Kashish Mittal.
During the last open auction, that was held for CH01-AV series, the number 0001 was allotted to Roopinder Singh,a businessman from Sector 16-A. There were five bidders who participated in the bidding for the much sought-after number but Singh managed bought it for Rs 5.3 lakh. The second number, 0009, which fetched maximum price was of same series which had a reserved prize of Rs 10,000 and had five bidders. It was allotted to Jaspreet Singh Sindhu for Rs 45,000.