On the first day of open auction of vehicle registration numbers for the series CH-01-AX, the Registering and Licencing Authority (RLA), Chandigarh earned more than Rs 69 lakh, registering a 30.6 per cent increase in the sale as compared to the previous series.
The auction held on Saturday witnessed bidding for 100 numbers, of which the number CH-01-AX-0001 fetched the highest amount of Rs 7 lakh, by Harinder Singh, a resident of Sector 33. Singh’s bid was the highest among 10 other bidders for the same number.
For city based businessman, Singh, 50, bidding for specific numbers is a passion he’s been fuelling for 10 years now. He said, “When one owns an expensive fleet of cars, then VIP numbers suit them the best.” The number he acquired on Saturday was for his BMW642. “In fact, all my five cars have single digit VIP numbers,” he added.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
When contacted, Kashish Mittal, RLA in-charge informed that Rs 69.9 lakh earnings on the first day amounted to 30.6 per cent increase from the day one of previous CH-01-AW series, when RLA had only earned Rs 53 lakh.
“It is visibly a good response as all the100 numbers from 0001 to 0100 had a successful auction on the first day itself,” said Mittal.
The second number, which fetched the highest bid after 0001 was CH-01-AX-0009 – it went for Rs 4.01 lakh. Seven people fought for CH-01-AX-0009. The number, for which the reserved price was Rs 15,000 was taken by Sadashiv Corporation Limited Company Sector 9.
“I have three other cars with single digit numbers of 7, 8 and 9 and on Saturday I have completed the series by buying the number 10. I received my first single digit number from the former Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh, Prem Kumar Dhumal and since then I developed a passion for VIP car numbers,” said Naresh Kumar Juneja, a businessman and a resident of Sector 9 who bought CH-01-AX-0010 for Rs 1.51 lakh.
Meanwhile, another favourite that attracted bidders was CH-01-AX-00013. There were 12 applicants for it but Kuldeep Singh, a resident of Sector 8 managed to steal it at Rs 1.10 lakh. Kuldeep Singh said, “Gurmukhi numeral 13 is pronounced teraa which translates to mean ‘I’m yours’ and this is the reason that this number is lucky for me. My four other cars and all my mobile phone numbers has 13 in the end.”
While Capital Industries, Sector 28 bagged CH-01-AX-0007 at Rs 2.83 lakh, CH-01-AX-0002, 0003 and 0004 were auctioned at Rs 2.87 lakh, Rs 2.9 lakh and 2.5 lakh, respectively. The number, which fetched the least amount of Rs 18,000 was 00092.
The auction of remaining numbers — CH-01-AX-101 and onwards will continue on April 13.