The programme organised by the Chandigarh unit of the BJP to felicitate the newly elected MP Kirron Kher turned into a chaotic affair with party workers jostling with each other for space on the stage. Meanwhile, the rift within the party also continued with senior leader Satya Pal Jain boycotting the function.
The function was organised in a ground in Sector 32. It was for the first time that party workers as well as members of different associations were present together since the party emerged victorious. However, with everyone wanting to get close to Kher and wish her, the situation soon turned chaotic. Leaders who were addressing the gathering were being pushed by the large number of people on the stage.
Addressing the gathering, Kher said that she would work not just for the 1.9 lakh people who voted for her, but for the entire population of 11 lakh. She assured that all pending works in the city would be completed.
Meanwhile, party president Sanjay Tandon thanked everyone for their support and termed the gathering as ‘the foundation of the victory’.
While other senior leaders were present, Satya Pal Jain chose to boycott the event. Sources close to Jain said that he was not satisfied with the functioning of the party. Sources added that Jain feels that the people who tried to sabotaged the prospects of the party in the elections were organising the programmes without consulting senior party leaders. When contacted, Jain said that he did not want to comment on the issue.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Sanjay Tandon, meanwhile, said that Jain was respectfully invited for the event and he was called by the in-charge of the Chandigarh unit Aarti Mehra as well as other office bearers including him. He, however, refused to comment on Jain’s boycott of the event.
The Tandon camp, meanwhile, opined that Jain has no time for the party and he was more concerned about his position for which he spent the last few days in Delhi. It is further alleged that he refused to take calls from the party office bearers.