Retd Col’s wife yet to be arrested for killing cyclist

Meanwhile,the body of the deceased was handed over to the family after post mortem on Thursday.

Written by Express News Service | Chandigarh | Published: March 15, 2013 1:34 am

Sunny Pal,the woman who had hit a cyclist is yet to be arrested by the UT Police. Sunny had lost control on her vehicle thereby hitting a cyclist on Wednesday morning and two other cars before ramming into a tree and is herself admitted,as per the police.

Meanwhile,the body of the deceased was handed over to the family after post mortem on Thursday.

The deceased,Satish Chand,a resident of Kajheri village. 38-year old was living alone in Chandigarh was working as a cleaner in a hotel. “He had moved to Chandigarh five years ago in search of a job. His family is living in Kangra,Himachal Pradesh. He has two sons and a wife,” said Prakash Chand,elder brother of the deceased.

“We are worried about Geeta (Satish’s wife) and the two kids. Satish was the sole bread winner of the family,” added Prakash.

Sunny Pal,is the wife of a retired Colonel,Colonel Ravinder Pal Singh,a resident of Sector 33. The Police officials said that the accused is not in a position to give a statement according to the doctors and so she has not yet been arrested.

“As soon as she will be discharged from the hospital,she will be arrested and her statements will be recorded. However,as per the family members,Sunny accidentally hit the acceleration pedal instead of the brakes,” said one of the police officials.

Another official,while describing the course of events said,“Sunny was coming from Sector 34 towards Sector 35 and the cyclist in the opposite direction. As the cyclist came in front of Sunny’s car,out of nervousness,she hit the acceleration pedal.

The cyclist had a head-on collision with Sunny’s car. She then lost control and turned not knowing that there were two other cars nearby. Hitting those two cars,she rammed into a tree and Satish’s cycle was crushed in between”.

The PCR Vehicle took Satish to GMSH-16 from where he was referred to PGIMER. The incident took place at 7 in the morning and Satish later died while under treatment.

For all the latest Chandigarh News, download Indian Express App

  1. No Comments.