AFTER THE registration of an FIR for alleged irregularities in the recruitment process of 11 water carriers in the UT Police, the vigilance department said they would soon summon the officers who were part of the selection committee.
Sources said there were irregularities in the selection process and after verification, they registered an FIR against unidentified persons who were in the selection panel. The vigilance authorities, however, said nobody was named in the FIR.
Watch What Else Is making News
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The then SP (Operations) R S Ghuman, the then DSP Jagbir Singh and Inspector Naseeb Singh were members of the selection panel. While R S Ghuman and Jagbir Singh are now retired, Naseeb Singh is posted as SHO at the Sector 36 police station.
SP (Vigilance) Eish Singhal said they would soon question the officials who were in the selection panel.
Asked that whether any action was taken against Inspector Naseeb Singh, UT SSP Sukhchain Singh Gill said they had not as no one has been named in it.
Sources also said that it came to the notice of the vigilance department that the water carriers were allegedly ‘favoured’as the marks were allegedly tampered with.
The posts were advertised in 2010 and the recruitment conducted in 2012. It was cancelled in 2014 .