A day after he was roughed up and ink thrown at him, Kurukshetra MP Rajkumar Saini has sought a CBI probe into the incident. Saini has termed it a “conspiracy” against him.
The incident took place Sunday after Saini addressed a gathering at a Dharamshala in Kurukshetra. Five persons roughed him up and threw ink on him. They were later beaten up by Saini’s supporters. While one managed to escape from the spot, the other four were arrested.
Following a complaint given by Saini, late Sunday night, police registered a case under Sections 148, 149, 153-A, 307, 323, 504 and 120 B of IPC against the five accused. “It is a conspiracy against me. Otherwise, why would some people come to such a crowded function and attack me knowing that there would be my supporters around. I want that a CBI inquiry be conducted into the incident.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Saini is known to be against reservation for Jats. Those who attacked him accused him of fueling communal tension.
All five accused belonged to Budana village in Hisar. These included Saurav, Parveen, Jitender, Sandeep and Harikesh. While four of them are students of Jat college, Sandeep is a lawyer.
Meanwhile, members of Loktantra Suraksha Manch handed over a memorandum for the Haryana Chief MInister to SDM Assandh. The members, while condemning the attack on Saini, said he should be given Z+ security cover.