Next week may bring some relief from the hot and humid weather, as the Meteorological Department has predicted rain around July 14 and fall in temperature, ending the current dry spell.
Although the monsoon arrived in the city on July 2 and around 60mm rainfall was received, but there has been no rain since then.
“The weather is going to change around July 14. There is a possibility of partly cloudy sky and thundery development and light rain,” said Surender Paul, director of the Meteorological Department, on Friday.
Talking about the prospects of rainfall this season, he said that there was a kind of a weak monsoon scenario in the north-western parts of the country.
The city has witnessed 50 per cent less rainfall this month so far. Against a normal of 120mm, it has received only about 60mm rain, according to Paul.
“However, the situation will change in the second half of July. There will be frequent rain showers, cloud formation and low temperature,” Paul said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
On Friday, the maximum temperature recorded was 39.0 degree Celsius, which was 4 degree above normal. The minimum temperature was 29 degree Celsius, that is 5 degree above normal. The humidity level varied from 73 to 38 per cent.