Next week may bring some relief from the hot and humid weather, as the Meteorological Department has predicted rain around July 14 and fall in temperature, ending the current dry spell.
Although the monsoon arrived in the city on July 2 and around 60mm rainfall was received, but there has been no rain since then.
“The weather is going to change around July 14. There is a possibility of partly cloudy sky and thundery development and light rain,” said Surender Paul, director of the Meteorological Department, on Friday.
Talking about the prospects of rainfall this season, he said that there was a kind of a weak monsoon scenario in the north-western parts of the country.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The city has witnessed 50 per cent less rainfall this month so far. Against a normal of 120mm, it has received only about 60mm rain, according to Paul.
“However, the situation will change in the second half of July. There will be frequent rain showers, cloud formation and low temperature,” Paul said.
On Friday, the maximum temperature recorded was 39.0 degree Celsius, which was 4 degree above normal. The minimum temperature was 29 degree Celsius, that is 5 degree above normal. The humidity level varied from 73 to 38 per cent.