City residents experienced a chilly Wednesday with intermittent rain showers throughout the day. The city recorded 2.7 mm of rainfall, causing decline in the day temperature. The city has received 47 mm rainfall in January this year.
The maximum temperature recorded on Wednesday was 15.5 degree Celsius, which is five degree Celsius below normal. This was 2.5 degree less than the maximum temperature on Tuesday which was 18 degree Celsius. The minimum temperature recorded was 10 degree Celsius, which was four degree Celsius above normal. This was due to the presence of clouds.
The total amount of rainfall in various parts of the city was 2.7 mm till evening and it was 5mm at the airport. As per Surender Paul, director, meteorological department, “Western disturbances was the cause of the thunderstorm and rains in the northern region. Temperature will dip further after the rain. Also, Thursday will be cloudy.”
The meteorological department has predicted that rains and thundershowers would occur on Thursday. Further, maximum temperature will be around 19 degree Celsius and minimum temperature will be around eight degree Celsius. The humidity level is the city was as high as 87 per cent.
Rainfall was experienced in the region as well. As per the Met Department similar conditions are likely to prevail on Thursday. In 2013, a total of 66.4 mm rainfall was experienced in January. However, in the years before that rainfall in January has been much less. In 2012, it was 22.8 mm, while a year before that it was 4.1 mm.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More