City residents experienced a chilly Wednesday with intermittent rain showers throughout the day. The city recorded 2.7 mm of rainfall, causing decline in the day temperature. The city has received 47 mm rainfall in January this year.
The maximum temperature recorded on Wednesday was 15.5 degree Celsius, which is five degree Celsius below normal. This was 2.5 degree less than the maximum temperature on Tuesday which was 18 degree Celsius. The minimum temperature recorded was 10 degree Celsius, which was four degree Celsius above normal. This was due to the presence of clouds.
The total amount of rainfall in various parts of the city was 2.7 mm till evening and it was 5mm at the airport. As per Surender Paul, director, meteorological department, “Western disturbances was the cause of the thunderstorm and rains in the northern region. Temperature will dip further after the rain. Also, Thursday will be cloudy.”
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The meteorological department has predicted that rains and thundershowers would occur on Thursday. Further, maximum temperature will be around 19 degree Celsius and minimum temperature will be around eight degree Celsius. The humidity level is the city was as high as 87 per cent.
Rainfall was experienced in the region as well. As per the Met Department similar conditions are likely to prevail on Thursday. In 2013, a total of 66.4 mm rainfall was experienced in January. However, in the years before that rainfall in January has been much less. In 2012, it was 22.8 mm, while a year before that it was 4.1 mm.