THE UT police control room received nearly 5,700 phone calls from 4 pm till midnight seeking help for various reasons. Of these, 414 calls were “actionable” where PCR parties were despatched while in the remaining cases, issues got amicably resolved without police intervention. According to the police, it was a 42 per cent increase in calls during Diwali eve compared to the previous year.
“PCR initiated action in 414 calls, out of which 206 calls pertained to minor quarrels, 48 related to road accidents and 31 calls reported minor fire incidents. No casualty due to fire or burn injuries, no fatal accident, was reported from any part of the city yesterday. However, a total of 28 people sustained injuries in road accidents. All of them were rushed to hospitals by PCR,” revealed a UT police statement.
According to police, of the 400 calls received last year, 174 related to brawls, 46 reported about road accidents and 23 about fire incidents. On normal days, the control room receives 290 to 300 calls daily on an average.
All the station house officers were asked to remain present in the city.
Police officers said Diwali celebrations were peaceful and no major untoward incident took place in the city. Also, a team of seven police personnel was stationed in the control room to attend to distress calls.
Similarly, the Mohali police control room, too, received 1,000 distress calls on Diwali eve. Out of these, maximum complaints pertained to minor quarrels and noise pollution.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More